The Biden / Ukraine Scandal

knapplc

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I find it interesting that Apsu has spelled out very clearly his political leanings. He is very liberal. He does not like Trump but feels the Dem party does not represent him. 

when he criticizes the Dems, he gets attacked by liberals on the board. 

I feel the same way he does but about the Republican parry. I’m conservative but they don’t represent me. 

for that, I understand where he is coming from. I’m much more critical of the republicans because they are who SHOULD be representing me. 

100% correct

20 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I find it interesting that Apsu has spelled out very clearly his political leanings. He is very liberal. He does not like Trump but feels the Dem party does not represent him. 

I feel the same way he does but about the Republican parry. I’m conservative but they don’t represent me. 

for that, I understand where he is coming from. I’m much more critical of the republicans because they are who SHOULD be representing me. 

What % of Apsu's posts do you think you've read?

Also, when you are being negative about the GOP, which news sources do you normally use?

There are many objective reasons why what you do is not close to similar to what Apsu does, and they have nothing to do with which political party you're being critical of. E.g. When you are being critical you tend to use logic and base it on sources that aren't tabloid/radical partisan rags.

Apsu uses alt right sources to back up his critiques of the DNC. That would be like you using whatever the Left version is to attack the GOP/Trump. And at least half of it is clearly made up bulls#!t. There is plenty to criticize the DNC for, there's no need to use made up things and use trash sources to do so.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
14 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

You forgot the sarcasm font, right?

Tell me you forgot the sarcasm font.

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, funhusker said:

I don’t think it’s a straw man. Trump and Hillary were the only choices.  You didn’t want HRC, that’s your choice.  But that means by default that you preferred Trump. 

If you read my post, I stated that my choice was that Hillary was not the incumbent in 2020.

So yeah, I guess that means that I "preferred' to suffer through four years of the orange anal wart.

At least we have a choice in 2020, no TPP or TTIP, no No Fly Zones in Syria or Ukraine, and (as of yet) no hot war with Iran or Russia.

4 hours ago, knapplc said:

Can we please not rehash this now? If anyone regrets their decision they can make amends in 2020. If not, well, elections have consequences.

Primary elections have consequences too, as 2016 showed us.

This can't be buried under the rug, lessons need to be learned. But which lesson?

Lesson #1) Trump is bad, we should have voted for Hillary.

Lesson #2) Hillary was bad, we should have voted for Sanders.

3 hours ago, Frott Scost said:

What is the extreme left? Giving folks healthcare, making prisons non-profit so there is no profit motive to incarcerating people, legalizing marijuana, saving the planet, making education a priority? What part do you disagree with?

Labeling progressives as "the extreme left" is the ultimate Republican talking point... borrowed and now owned by the centrist Democrats.

3 hours ago, Redux said:

This is a lot of words when you could just flat out say "I don't think 3rd parties should be able to run, I like the broken system."

I was following the recent Israeli election between Netanyahu and Ganz, plus a bunch of third parties.

I would be interesting to see how an election would happen here in the US if we had multiple parties with the same media access, and a coalition government had to be formed.

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Thank you very much.

When the party that you believe should represent you values does not, you vote to change them, not the other guys.

29 minutes ago, Apsu said:

If you read my post, I stated that my choice was that Hillary was not the incumbent in 2020.

So yeah, I guess that means that I "preferred' to suffer through four years of the orange anal wart.

At least we have a choice in 2020, no TPP or TTIP, no No Fly Zones in Syria or Ukraine, and (as of yet) no hot war with Iran or Russia.

This was kind of my point, and what confuses me.  Four years of “anal warts” is better than 8 years of nothing special?

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

Apsu uses alt right sources to back up his critiques of the DNC. That would be like you using whatever the Left version is to attack the GOP/Trump. And at least half of it is clearly made up bulls#!t. There is plenty to criticize the DNC for, there's no need to use made up things and use trash sources to do so.

I call bulls#!t on your post... what alt-right sources?

Do you only accept links from CNN and MSNBC?

Just now, funhusker said:

This was kind of my point, and what confuses me.  Four years of “anal warts” is better than 8 years of nothing special?

What most all on the left here failed to understand, is that progressives did not view Hillary as "nothing special".

Speaking for myself; my two most important issues are (1) ending our state of constant warfare, and (2) implementing single payer medicare for all.

1) Hillary was seen as more warlike than Trump. And as bad as he is, things could be a lot worse.

2) Hillary was firm;y set on for profit health care, and their would not have been any reform.

And then there were the twin disasters known as TPP and TPIP that she supported.

1 minute ago, Apsu said:

What most all on the left here failed to understand, is that progressives did not view Hillary as "nothing special".

Speaking for myself; my two most important issues are (1) ending our state of constant warfare, and (2) implementing single payer medicare for all.

1) Hillary was seen as more warlike than Trump. And as bad as he is, things could be a lot worse.

2) Hillary was firm;y set on for profit health care, and their would not have been any reform.

And then there were the twin disasters known as TPP and TPIP that she supported.

wait....  you are so far left that the far right guy is closer to your way of thinking than hillary?  

• Plus1 2