The Biden / Ukraine Scandal

knapplc

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

This is just the mentality that we are seeing from the right. 

It’s going to be a great country when we get both sides having this fantastic attitude. 

I’ll once again not have someone to vote for. 

I never have anyone to vote for that fights for the policies I believe in so forgive me if for once i wish we can get a progressive even on the ballot. 

• Plus1 2
3 hours ago, funhusker said:

My gif was a reaction to your comment about healthcare.  I understand HRC wasn’t for M4A, but she would have at least tried to keep the ACA as a status quo.

Trump has done everything possible to gut the ACA and make it worse than it already was.  Not to mention begging for legislation that would give more authority to private insurers and providers.  John McCain with his “thumb down” ring a bell?

Im not LOLing at your M4A belief.  Just that you thought Trump got us closer to healthcare availability for all individuals than Clinton would have.

Right, Hillary was about ACA status quo, and Trump is about death through medical bankruptcy. While he is a monster on healthcare, she is all about the profit margin. While he is much worse here, she was expected to be worse on militarism. All and all on those two items, it's pretty much a wash. But I am happy to have the illusion of a choice in 2020.

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

At this rate, Apsu will be having a conversation all by himself. 
eventually he will block himself. 

I have blocked three people, none of which were interested in civil conversation.

1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

You said you blocked me. You didn’t?

interesting. 

That was a while back, sometimes I block for a moment to diffuse disagreement, then unblock.

I may unblock the three on my list in a day or so.

5 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

He blocked me.

What did you do to earn it?

Yeah....I was blocked around page 11 or 12. 

3 minutes ago, Apsu said:

That was a while back, sometimes I block for a moment to diffuse disagreement, then unblock.

I may unblock the three on my list in a day or so.

Question.....

do you really think anyone gives a rip?

this says more about you than who you’re blocking. 

• Plus1 3
  • Thanks 1
37 minutes ago, Frott Scost said:

I never have anyone to vote for that fights for the policies I believe in so forgive me if for once i wish we can get a progressive even on the ballot. 

My comment was more about the attitude behind it than wanting a progressive candidate. The whole....”fight against the center....” attitude. 

3 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Yeah....I was blocked around page 11 or 12. 

Question.....

do you really think anyone gives a rip?

this says more about you than who you’re blocking. 

I don't give a f#&% what you or anyone else thinks, but I do answer questions when asked (as you did).

If you don't give a rip (whatever that means), then don't ask.

2 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

My comment was more about the attitude behind it than wanting a progressive candidate. The whole....”fight against the center....” attitude. 

The "fight against the center" is against centrists who epitomize the similar corporate values of both major parties.

21 minutes ago, Apsu said:

Right, Hillary was about ACA status quo, and Trump is about death through medical bankruptcy. While he is a monster on healthcare, she is all about the profit margin. While he is much worse here, she was expected to be worse on militarism. All and all on those two items, it's pretty much a wash. But I am happy to have the illusion of a choice in 2020.

Hillary supported a public option, which is not about profit, because it would be funded by the government.

This is just factually incorrect.

• Plus1 2
59 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

In order to get the candidate we want, we need to fight to get them on the ballot. It hasnt gotten us anywhere by “being a team player”. Im sorry if this offends people. And im sorry if people feel like they have nobody to vote for if there is a progressive candidate on the ballot. Now they know how millions of people feel every election. 

• Plus1 1
59 minutes ago, Danny Bateman said:

Hillary supported a public option, which is not about profit, because it would be funded by the government.

This is just factually incorrect.

We dont even know what a public option would look like. These people just say that anyone can opt into medicare if they want. Is there a fee? Is there a deductible like Biden wants? Do taxes go up even if you stay with private insurance? Does medicare stay the same and if so, people still need supplemental private insurance which is for-profit? Will all the sick people be pushed onto the govt program to make sure it fails? The only candidate that has actually mentioned, even if very minimal, how it would work is Biden by saying the deductible would be $1000. 

• Plus1 1