The Biden / Ukraine Scandal

knapplc

5 hours ago, ZRod said:

I'm sure you could search the sites you previously used.

Search engine algorythems have changed, old stories got buried, and some sites were blocked by Google and Yahoo.

And to be honest, with three young children including two infant twins, I really don't have the motivation to look.

6 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

Ok but while that may not be in Ukraines best interest I don't see it as being illegal or corrupt if that was the US's objective

I don't see regime change wars to be in the interest of the American people, but they are in the interest of our banks, defense companies and energy companies. "We the People" are paying for this, but are not benefiting.

10 minutes ago, Apsu said:

Replace the name Hunter Biden with one of Trump's sleazy children, and some would call it impeachable collusion.

Sure they would. Some are so far left or so far right, they will never be objective. But unless there was illegal activity, no point in investigating the Bidens.   

1 minute ago, Apsu said:

I don't see regime change wars to be in the interest of the American people, but they are in the interest of our banks, defense companies and energy companies. "We the People" are paying for this, but are not benefiting. 

You think removing a corrupt AG, who controls [read: can block] any and all prosecution in Ukraine, is somehow a bad thing for the Ukrainian people?

Unless you're a foreign policy isolationist and just opposed to any U.S. involvement whatsoever, I don't get that thought process. A less corrupt Ukraine benefits everyone.

A separate issue you've brought up is how Hunter Biden landed this gig in the first place. That's less of a Bidens issue specifically and more a "politically connected people can land cushy, high paying gigs doing nothing" issue.

• Plus1 3
37 minutes ago, Apsu said:

Again, that all may be morally wrong, but it isn't corrupt or illegal. He was doing nothing wrong as he was working on behalf of our government and their interests. Whether or not that is what is in the best interest of the American people or Ukranian people is another subject entirely. But the idea Biden should be investigated for this is still looking to be nothing more than a distraction strategy/conspiracy theory. What is the crime?

2 hours ago, Apsu said:

Search engine algorythems have changed, old stories got buried, and some sites were blocked by Google and Yahoo.

And to be honest, with three young children including two infant twins, I really don't have the motivation to look.

Then we'll assume they don't exist, because they were not important enough for you to find again.

• Plus1 2

14 hours ago, Decoy73 said:

Sure they would. Some are so far left or so far right, they will never be objective. But unless there was illegal activity, no point in investigating the Bidens.   

The point of an investigation is to determine if a crime has been committed.

33 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

So I'll ask again since we still have't gotten a straight answer after being assured something was there...what is the crime???

• Plus1 1
14 hours ago, Danny Bateman said:

You think removing a corrupt AG, who controls [read: can block] any and all prosecution in Ukraine, is somehow a bad thing for the Ukrainian people?

How would it go over if a foreign government demanded that we fire an appointed official that they deemed to be corrupt?

10 minutes ago, Apsu said:

Ehhh you investigate if you believe a crime has been committed to determine the guilty party. What is the crime? You can't just investigate someone to go fishing for a crime. People are under investigation for specific crimes not to see if they have committed any. Example 'you are under investigation for stealing' there is always a crime attatched to the investigation. Thats how things work here.