What did we learn (Ohio State edition)

r06ue1

7 hours ago, jaws said:

OSU's freshmen usually are not asked to be the main guys on the team. If they are able to, that is great. 

Look at OSU's Garrett Wilson for example, in time he will be something special at OSU, but at most schools he would be asked to do a lot more. The Huskers need Wan'dale Robinson to perform at a high level for the success of the team. OSU just needs Wilson to progress like Chris Olave did last year and into this year. The Huskers need to build their depth and it will make it easier to develop guys.

What is the draft prospect mapping for each team EOY? Do we have anyone on any board before a 7th round?

• 1 year later...

Northwestern played Ohio State a lot closer than Clemson did, and a lot of people here still won't give them any respect.

Hell, Clemson's defense gave up almost as many points to Ohio State as ours did.

Edit: Ohio State over Clemson: 49-28. Ohio State over Rutgers: 49-27.

I am not an Ohio state fan and I cheer against them almost all the time but I can honestly say that I thoroughly enjoyed watching them beat the living crap out of Clemson. I hope Dabo Sweeney thinks twice before disrespecting them again. He was so high and mighty all week long. I hope this loss hurts him and humbles him. I also hope Ohio state beats Alabama because I am sick and tired of seeing Nick Saban win.

Seeing Wisconsin, Northwestern, and Ohio state win their games, I really wish our guys played in a bowl game. Unfortunately, they were too tired.

• Plus1 3

I learned that Chins plan was exactly what some of us thought. It gave us the best chance to "stay in the game", bc as stated immediately after the game, OSU would have shell-shocked us in tight man.

I also learned that we aren't even close at this point. At least to the OSU

I also learned Fields is a tough sob

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, HANC said:

I learned that Chins plan was exactly what some of us thought. It gave us the best chance to "stay in the game", bc as stated immediately after the game, OSU would have shell-shocked us in tight man.

I also learned that we aren't even close at this point. At least to the OSU

Ohio State is way better than any team in the Big Ten. It’s not even close. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, HANC said:

It's weird that that is called targeting now because by definition that was spearing, which has been a penalty for-ev-er... The NCAA and NFL just chose to forget about that rule for some reason.

• Plus1 2

5 minutes ago, ZRod said:

It's weird that that is called targeting now, because by definition that was spearing which has been a penalty for-ev-er... The NCAA and NFL just chose to forget about that rule for some reason.

I didn’t get why people was upset about that call. It was classic spearing like you said. It should have been a penalty, although I hate the ejection aspect of that rule. Ejection after one targeting penalty is too harsh, especially when it’s usually not done on purpose. 

• Plus1 1
5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I didn’t get why people was upset about that call. It was classic spearing like you said. It should have been a penalty, although I hate the ejection aspect of that rule. Ejection after one targeting penalty is too harsh, especially when it’s usually not done on purpose. 

They need to add an intent or attacking clause. Seems like 50% of the time guys are trying to do the right thing but get ejected because the ball carrier changed their angle of attack and the defender can't adjust.

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Ohio State is way better than any team in the Big Ten. It’s not even close. 

I agree. They will stay that way for years with the way they recruit. But they will come down a peg or 2 without fields. Same as Clemson without lawerence. Those 2 guys are physical specimens who will both excel in the pros. It’s almost unfair with the supporting cast those teams have paired with an nfl qb who makes all the throws. Sure they will have another 4 or 5 star to replace them next year. But not the 1st and 2nd round NFL pick caliber