Its on AM

BigPeterJ

I really dont get why when teams are bringing pressure and martinez is struggling they dont exploit that with the short passing game. I'm no coach but if teams are bringing linebackers on the blitz a lot like against Illinois that to me would mean that there's a chance for stoll or one of the receivers to make plays over the middle or Washington out of the backfield. 

Martinez is obviously struggling so why not run some quick hitting passes and give our athletes like Washington and Robinson an opportunity to pick up some YAC. Not every pass has to be 30 yards down field. With an offensive line that isn't going to be fixed this season long developing pass plays just dont make a lot of sense to me.

1 hour ago, PoloWearingBeaver said:

Yeeeeeep.

1 hour ago, PoloWearingBeaver said:

And yet I saw the depth chart had no changes. If you're not going to change anything and expect different results.......

Frost is too smart of a guy to not make changes if there are other kids that can be swapped in to do better. I really believe that. And I haven't seen any kind of stubbornness from him that suggests he isn't making changes just to show that it's their fault and not his. 

• Plus1 1
1 hour ago, Sker fer life said:

I can't figure out why the high snaps are STILL an issue.   Its been a problem since the spring game,  why is it taking so long to fix it ?  

Why is it taking so long  to fix and why don't we make a personnel change?  I get Cam has upside but just leaving him out there when his bad snaps are killing us is ridiculous. We won't put little Farniok in and we won't do anything to help big Farniok when he is getting eaten alive by an All American DE.These are self-inflicted wounds are staff should be addressing. 

As far as AM goes ya the line does put him in tough spots but there are still way too many times when he just makes a bad read or throw.   Not to mention the fumbliitis. Yes he certainly needs his supporting cast to help more, no getting around that, but Frost acting like the kid is playing well when he isn't is tiresome. 

• Plus1 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Undone said:

Yeeeeeep.

Frost is too smart of a guy to not make changes if there are other kids that can be swapped in to do better. I really believe that. And I haven't seen any kind of stubbornness from him that suggests he isn't making changes just to show that it's their fault and not his. 

I agree with you that they'd switch kids if they could. From the outside the only option that seems possible is to start Benhart at RT and move Farniok inside in the hopes he's a better guard than tackle. However, that requires Benhart to be good enough to start as a true frosh and that's a huge ask.

2 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

From the outside the only option that seems possible is to start Benhart at RT and move Farniok inside in the hopes he's a better guard than tackle. However, that requires Benhart to be good enough to start as a true frosh and that's a huge ask.

And that to me would be a bit of a desperate move. And what does it really give us? Even if it works out as perfectly as it reasonably could, it's probably only the difference between going 9-3 instead of 7-5. Not worth it. Play him the last four games with the redshirt rule if it's necessary, sure...but don't burn the redshirt for the last seven games.

You're spot on, Wyo.

6 minutes ago, Undone said:

And that to me would be a bit of a desperate move. And what does it really give us? Even if it works out as perfectly as it reasonably could, it's probably only the difference between going 9-3 instead of 7-5. Not worth it. Play him the last four games with the redshirt rule if it's necessary, sure...but don't burn the redshirt for the last seven games.

You're spot on, Wyo.

Yup, totally agree no reason to burn his redshirt. We'll need him the next 4 after this year.

• Plus1 1

22 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Your missing the point im making.  Of course it isnt ENTIRELY  AMs fault, but it is primarily.

And yes, both Vedral, and Luke would be better than AM has been.  I cant imagine many who would be worse.

Do we stop to think that maybe this isn't the case at this point in time. What if, and this is just an assumption that our head coach knows what TF he is doing when he watches practices and such that any of the backups aren't performing well enough or he doesn't think they would preform well enough to make a tangible difference.

Say Luke or Vedral starts and this same crap keeps happening the excuses would be, oh he's just a freshman just wait, and Vedral he isn't used to being the starter. Then we would call for the backups again. Let the coach do his damn job and stop making the backup QB a celebrity when it doesn't warrant it.

18 minutes ago, Huskerzoo said:

I have a hard time how anyone could watch the game and blame AM. Thanks for posting some of these tweets. 

This is a reason why I'm staying far away from the Football forum on weekends.

22 hours ago, BigPeterJ said:

Your missing the point im making.  Of course it isnt ENTIRELY  AMs fault, but it is primarily.

And yes, both Vedral, and Luke would be better than AM has been.  I cant imagine many who would be worse.

^ A good example of why I'm staying far away from the Football forum on weekends. 

• Plus1 5
3 minutes ago, hskrfan4life said:

Do we stop to think that maybe this isn't the case at this point in time. What if, and this is just an assumption that our head coach knows what TF he is doing when he watches practices and such that any of the backups aren't performing well enough or he doesn't think they would preform well enough to make a tangible difference.

Say Luke or Vedral starts and this same crap keeps happening the excuses would be, oh he's just a freshman just wait, and Vedral he isn't used to being the starter. Then we would call for the backups again. Let the coach do his damn job and stop making the backup QB a celebrity when it doesn't warrant it.

I'm sure people would have said the same thing this year if they haven't seen Bunch play last year in a loss vs frickin Troy. Just stop 

Just now, BIG ERN said:

I'm sure people would have said the same thing this year if they haven't seen Bunch play last year vs a loss vs frickin Troy. Just stop 

Just stop what? The fact that we as fans who have no idea what goes on in practice or know how anyone preforms? How about we let the man who is paid to figure it out, figure it out. AM is the QB and will continue to be the QB. And when things turn everyone will say "oh I knew he was it from the start, blah blah blah." Damn guys it's year f'n 2. Holy fudge balls filled with guacamole.