Its on AM

BigPeterJ

13 hours ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

Tommy stated that most of AM's problems start with the center.   When there is an issue with the hike,  the qb needs to skip his first option and go to 2nd & 3rd.   Im not a fan of tommy, but it makes sense. 

Again, why wouldn't AM tell From that he wants Farniok at center? I've had a bad center before and your initial thought each play is hoping you can get the snap. It's a massive distraction 

I know for me part of it is the expectation that you were going to get a certain level of play. For example, comparisons were made by the staff to being further along than Mariotta was at this point in his progression. Or the coaching staff would say things like I have not seen throws like Martinez can make except for maybe down in Kansas City (IE Patrick Mahomes). Then when we see more Tommy Armstrong than Patrick Mahomes or Marcus Mariotta I think people are holding him to a higher standard because we were being led to believe we should expect to see a higher standard of play.

• Plus1 2
1 hour ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I know for me part of it is the expectation that you were going to get a certain level of play. For example, comparisons were made by the staff to being further along than Mariotta was at this point in his progression. Or the coaching staff would say things like I have not seen throws like Martinez can make except for maybe down in Kansas City (IE Patrick Mahomes). Then when we see more Tommy Armstrong than Patrick Mahomes or Marcus Mariotta I think people are holding him to a higher standard because we were being led to believe we should expect to see a higher standard of play.

Something we as Husker fans never realize when those statements about AM were made. Our OL was practicing against our DL and I don't think Cam Jurgens was playing center most of the fall camp till the last week of fall practice.  There is probably no one on our DL that would make the 2 deep at OSU. As far as that goes doubtful anyone on our defense could make the 2 deep.

1 hour ago, TonyStalloni said:

Something we as Husker fans never realize when those statements about AM were made. Our OL was practicing against our DL and I don't think Cam Jurgens was playing center most of the fall camp till the last week of fall practice.  There is probably no one on our DL that would make the 2 deep at OSU. As far as that goes doubtful anyone on our defense could make the 2 deep.

I hear you but it’s not just OSU that made him look not up to par 

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

It was also interesting to hear Frost bring up receivers being to be in the right piece as well. We can all see the snaps and protection issues, but if the receiver isn't where he needs to be that could just look like a slow read from Martinez. I'm sure that's not all of it, but it's probably contributing. 

Isn’t receivers knowing what to do on the coaches? It doesn’t take talent to know what to do 

Going to phrase this delicately so that it doesn't get taken the wrong way. The loss on Saturday was not on Martinez and I'm not in that camp. 

But this is important: If nobody's open (regardless of the reason), or if the pocket is collapsing (regardless of the reason), don't throw it into traffic. If you're still between the tackles, try to fall forward for the smallest possible loss. If you're outside the tackles, throw the ball out of bounds.

Live to see another possession. Even though the root causes that lead up to these things aren't his fault, he still has to be well coached on how to handle those situations. We just can't win the West if our turnover margin keeps going like this; no way we'll beat Wisconsin & Iowa.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1