Its on AM

BigPeterJ

30 minutes ago, Undone said:

Going to phrase this delicately so that it doesn't get taken the wrong way. The loss on Saturday was not on Martinez and I'm not in that camp. 

But this is important: If nobody's open (regardless of the reason), or if the pocket is collapsing (regardless of the reason), don't throw it into traffic. If you're still between the tackles, try to fall forward for the smallest possible loss. If you're outside the tackles, throw the ball out of bounds.

Live to see another possession. Even though the root causes that lead up to these things aren't his fault, he still has to be well coached on how to handle those situations. We just can't win the West if our turnover margin keeps going like this; no way we'll beat Wisconsin & Iowa.

I've been a fairly vocal supporter of AM, but I totally agree with you here. He needs to just throw it away or try to get out of the pocket more often. The OL is not going to improve drastically anytime soon, so he just needs to adjust to it as best he can which may mean throwing it away or running sooner. On his first INT vs. OSU if he just runs or throws that away and we punt it gives our defense a much better shot at holding OSU if they're pinned deep.

34 minutes ago, Undone said:

Going to phrase this delicately so that it doesn't get taken the wrong way. The loss on Saturday was not on Martinez and I'm not in that camp. 

But this is important: If nobody's open (regardless of the reason), or if the pocket is collapsing (regardless of the reason), don't throw it into traffic. If you're still between the tackles, try to fall forward for the smallest possible loss. If you're outside the tackles, throw the ball out of bounds.

Live to see another possession. Even though the root causes that lead up to these things aren't his fault, he still has to be well coached on how to handle those situations. We just can't win the West if our turnover margin keeps going like this; no way we'll beat Wisconsin & Iowa.

Excellent points. AM has been put in some tough situations, without a lot of help at times, but just a few different decisions by AM while under duress can end up making a big difference in the outcome of several games this season....

24 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Another example of us having a safety 100 yards off the ball...barely can see his arm back there

3rd and 4 - Jackson is way off the LOS and an easy first down pitch and catch

3 players on one receiver

First one, it's 2nd and 5 and teams like to take a shot in those situations so I'm guessing that's why you go one high safety.

Second, this drives me nuts and I don't understand why it happens on a 3rd and 4. The Broncos play the same way and get beat all the time.

Third one, I am thinking maybe the corners are in man and the backers are in zone. Seems like a busted coverage or responsibility somewhere though.

4 hours ago, Undone said:

Only one interception on Saturday was because he threw it into traffic. (First one)

The other two were good decisions....poor throws. 

6 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

First one, it's 2nd and 5 and teams like to take a shot in those situations so I'm guessing that's why you go one high safety.

Second, this drives me nuts and I don't understand why it happens on a 3rd and 4. The Broncos play the same way and get beat all the time.

Third one, I am thinking maybe the corners are in man and the backers are in zone. Seems like a busted coverage or responsibility somewhere though.

I too bitch about Jackson, as he plays way to far off the line.   You are right on the 3rd, but it appears Barry is out of position again. 

2 minutes ago, SouthLincoln Husker said:

I too bitch about Jackson, as he plays way to far off the line.   You are right on the 3rd, but it appears Barry is out of position again. 

I don't think Jackson is intentially choosing to play that far off. I think it's the play call or scheme or something. I don't know the reason but Nebraska isn't the only team that has corners off on third and short. 

1 minute ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I don't think Jackson is intentially choosing to play that far off. I think it's the play call or scheme or something. I don't know the reason but Nebraska isn't the only team that has corners off on third and short. 

I will disagree, he is always 5 yards farther back than anyone else.  He has good speed to the ball, but too much cushion.   Next game, watch and see who they throw at the most. 

6 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Another example of us having a safety 100 yards off the ball...barely can see his arm back there 

image.png.71166efe2e516fc686827dc5723f8c03.png

3rd and 4 - Jackson is way off the LOS and an easy first down pitch and catch 

image.png.2f1e6c50784653feeeb3525f8790e306.png

3 players on one receiver

image.png.8496750ec027f96c34a5a5f005e25b61.png

Coverage screw-ups like this played a considerable part in having a losing season in '18.  It's maddening to watch us just hand conversions away.

40 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Wisconsin runs a 3-4, but a few things I noticed the most

1. Their LBs are way better than what we have 

2. Their blitz schemes are some of the best I've seen

3. They aren't afraid to press at times 

image.png.b356a41df52207d69d667f7cc0472b72.png

#1 is huge. They really don't have ideal size on the line this year, but they work hard and the LBs pick up a lot of the slack. I was skeptical about their LBs going into the year, but they've had some guys step up as usual. 

1 hour ago, BIG ERN said:

Wisconsin runs a 3-4, but a few things I noticed the most

1. Their LBs are way better than what we have 

2. Their blitz schemes are some of the best I've seen

3. They aren't afraid to press at times 

image.png.b356a41df52207d69d667f7cc0472b72.png

I'm hoping as guys continue to be in our scheme that those three points become true for our defense. Wisconsin's guys have played the same scheme their entire career and Wisconsin  has run the 3-4 since like 2012. Our guys have 3 years and the first year doesn't count because Diaco.