when do we admit abandoning the run first offense was a mistake?

BoSolich

2 minutes ago, gobiggergoredder said:

The program abandoned weight training just a few short years ago.

Im starting to believe this program is more of a start up than a rebuild.

This is part of the problem. 

Thats a lie. I saw tweets, footage, and posts on other boards about how the s&c was different now under the past regime. Like you always do. 

The “THEY WERENT EVEN DOING SQUATS LOL” narrative was utterly false. The accountability was certainly substandard, but to pretend that Nebraska was basically a 40’s team conditioning wise is a convenient lie 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Undone said:

Bryce Benhart: 6'9, 305 lbs.

Brant Banks: 6'7, 300 lbs.

They're here. Just takes time.

Need more than 2 guys though, not saying they aren't huge dudes, but they're only two guys and that's not going to get the job done. I'm in no hurry, I know this is gonna be one helluva long process. 

32 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Thats a lie. I saw tweets, footage, and posts on other boards about how the s&c was different now under the past regime. Like you always do. 

The “THEY WERENT EVEN DOING SQUATS LOL” narrative was utterly false. The accountability was certainly substandard, but to pretend that Nebraska was basically a 40’s team conditioning wise is a convenient lie 

Let’s just agree it was substandard.

I saw tweets and videos of them tackling in practice and it certainly didn’t translate to the playing field.

• Haha 1
49 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Need more than 2 guys though, not saying they aren't huge dudes, but they're only two guys and that's not going to get the job done. I'm in no hurry, I know this is gonna be one helluva long process. 

Jurgens has a lot of potential in my opinion for a redshirt freshman. So, there's three.   :D

• Haha 1
  • Fire 1

5 hours ago, FTW said:

Wisconsin just gets mammoth OL and gets really good OL coaches over the years. There's not much drop off with HC changes over there either when you consider who their AD is. Alvarez is smart guy. We however bulldozed our identity along with what was working for years after 2002-2003.

I don't think many people realize the challenges and the difficulty SF had to face in actually rebuilding this entire program. It's the culture, the facilities, the practicing, S&C, admin, etc. This is going to take time. Fans have to give him that. I don't know that they can in the era we live in today. 

When I look at some of his guys whose chests still look more like Brendan Fraser than Brendan Stai, I think Scott is fighting a huge culture problem in Lincoln

20 hours ago, CapoValley said:

I wouldn't call that narrative utterly false. The top recruits of the Riley years transferred to Oregon State and aren't even starters at Oregon State. Oregon State would probably lose a game or two in the Big Sky conference.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, FTW said:

Wisconsin just gets mammoth OL and gets really good OL coaches over the years. There's not much drop off with HC changes over there either when you consider who their AD is. Alvarez is smart guy. We however bulldozed our identity along with what was working for years after 2002-2003.

I don't think many people realize the challenges and the difficulty SF had to face in actually rebuilding this entire program. It's the culture, the facilities, the practicing, S&C, admin, etc. This is going to take time. Fans have to give him that. I don't know that they can in the era we live in today. 

Nebraska fans will. First, this is where it's great to have Moos as AD, he see's it and he gets it. Second, Frost being a Nebraskan himself and a championship QB will add years to how much time he will be given. Third, Nebraska fans saw how bad this can get, we are living it now, so the understanding is Frost is the guy to get us out of this mess and he will be given many years to get it going. 

My guess is the 7 year contract was the "rebuilding" years contract, he gets this thing humming near the end of his contract and then he will get his fun years extension to his contract, where we start winning and playing like Nebraska should. The blanket was lifted off the program when Frost arrived, and what it revealed was one ugly mess. This is no easy job and I think the mass majority of Nebraska fans understand that.

23 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

The program abandoned weight training just a few short years ago.

Im starting to believe this program is more of a start up than a rebuild.

Mike Riley successfully turned us into the Midwest version of Oregon State. Maybe he missed home- I had no idea that’s what he meant when he said he was building something special 

On 9/29/2019 at 7:51 PM, BIGREDIOWAN said:

It's pretty simple we need to focus on recruiting to our lines and especially our O-line. Until we make that a priority we won't do much in the B1G. If you've got a 4 and 5 star O-line with road graders playing on it you can have a 3 star RB and he'll run pretty damn well with holes the size of a Cadillac. And we need depth so we can rotate when we are getting gassed. We don't have that, not even close! I don't think we realized how good Ziggy was until he wasn't here. Good lord did he cover up alot of issues on the O-line! 

Do you really think that SF doesn't make recruiting OL a PRIORITY?