TE Thomas Fidone

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

51 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fidone commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

5 hours ago, Decked said:

Dickerson isn’t even considering iowa. 

I'm pretty sure @HANC is speaking of Keagan Johnson, who is the Iowa lean, as Fidone is a 50/50 lean.  The last few posters seem to think Dickerson is who he was talking about.  HANC, can you confirm, maybe I'm wrong?

I'm with HANC on his opinion, Johnson and Fidone could both be at Iowa [I think Fidone should be more of an Iowa lean than he is].

3 hours ago, BigRedN said:

I'm pretty sure @HANC is speaking of Keagan Johnson, who is the Iowa lean, as Fidone is a 50/50 lean.  The last few posters seem to think Dickerson is who he was talking about.  HANC, can you confirm, maybe I'm wrong?

I'm with HANC on his opinion, Johnson and Fidone could both be at Iowa [I think Fidone should be more of an Iowa lean than he is].

Yes. Sorry for not being specific.  Johnson is heavy Iowa lean and Fidone could very easily end up there because of their success with TE.  I am hoping that the fact Fidone is Husker fan, along with proximity helps Nebraska.  

1 hour ago, HANC said:

Yes. Sorry for not being specific.  Johnson is heavy Iowa lean and Fidone could very easily end up there because of their success with TE.  I am hoping that the fact Fidone is Husker fan, along with proximity helps Nebraska.  

Is he a heavy Iowa lean?   All CB say Nebraska but those are not real recent.  Technically anyone I guess could end up at Iowa, but seems like a lot optimism from your end on Iowa landing these guys.  Hope your wrong.  

29 minutes ago, swmohusker said:

Is he a heavy Iowa lean?   All CB say Nebraska but those are not real recent.  Technically anyone I guess could end up at Iowa, but seems like a lot optimism from your end on Iowa landing these guys.  Hope your wrong.  

HANC is wrong 

• Fire 1
12 minutes ago, Decked said:

HANC is wrong 

It is pessimism.  I friggin hate Iowa.  I am pretty sure I am not wrong. It is situations like this that cause me to not put a lot of stock into CBs, especially this early. Makes me wonder who they are actually getting information from.

30 minutes ago, HANC said:

It is pessimism.  I friggin hate Iowa.  I am pretty sure I am not wrong. It is situations like this that cause me to not put a lot of stock into CBs, especially this early. Makes me wonder who they are actually getting information from.

They get information directly from the kids or the family lol. That’s why when a guy like Steve Wiltfong puts in a CB it means something. They aren’t hearing it from a third party or from a guy who “knows” him. 

• Plus1 1

5 hours ago, Decked said:

HANC is wrong 

Its fascinating to see @Decked's confidence.  I applaud, yet, on Keagan's page he talks to @HANC in the same tone.  It's just my observation.  You can go read the three page thread to gather your own opinion.  Actually, 2-3 others try to convince HANC he is wrong.  HANC simply states what his sense from the friends he knows.  That was in early March.  So, according to Decked we are locked in on both Keagan and Fidone, regardless of any info of CB's that Keagan is going to Iowa.  It appears that Decked has the same strong view toward Fidone.  

I still see Keagan as a solid Iowa lean [even Kansas St. ahead of us?] and Fidone as 50/50 [emotionally I feel he should be or is a Iowa lean].  I do believe they have said they want to play together.  If true, then that leans Fidone another few percentage points toward Iowa in my eyes.

None of this is how I want it, nor, like HANC am I debating, just being honest with my sense [fully knowing Imy sense could be wrong].  HANC admits at least his view is pessimistic.  :-)

Finally, I have no issues with anyone on the board nor in these interactions.  I am one with all.

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

Its fascinating to see @Decked's confidence.  I applaud, yet, on Keagan's page he talks to @HANC in the same tone.  It's just my observation.  You can go read the three page thread to gather your own opinion.  Actually, 2-3 others try to convince HANC he is wrong.  HANC simply states what his sense from the friends he knows.  That was in early March.  So, according to Decked we are locked in on both Keagan and Fidone, regardless of any info of CB's that Keagan is going to Iowa.  It appears that Decked has the same strong view toward Fidone.  

I still see Keagan as a solid Iowa lean [even Kansas ahead of us?] and Fidone as 50/50 [emotionally I feel he should be or is a Iowa lean].  I do believe they have said they want to play together.  If true, then that leans Fidone another few percentage points toward Iowa in my eyes.

None of this is how I want it, nor, like HANC am I debating, just being honest with my sense [fully knowing Imy sense could be wrong].  HANC admits at least his view is pessimistic.  :-)

Finally, I have no issues with anyone on the board nor in these interactions.  I am one with all.

Was that Johnson and Fidone saying they want to play together or Fidone and Brecht?

If Johnson wants to make his own way/not be in his Father's shadow then it doesn't matter, it will be any other school but NU. Fidone I just feel has blown up too much to pick Nebraska now unless he is truly a fan or NU has a great season with wins and TE use.  If he is such a big fan, I suspect he'd have committed already however.

Nebraska needs a season, and 8+ wins to really take the next step to top 15 with top 75 kids like Fidone and Dickerson.  If the season is canceled or shortened that will hurt things in recruiting.  Say they go to only conference games and Nebraska goes 5-4 at best, or 4-5 more likely with that schedule.  That still wouldn't look that great.

1 hour ago, BigRedN said:

I still see Keagan as a solid Iowa lean [even Kansas ahead of us?] and Fidone as 50/50 [emotionally I feel he should be or is a Iowa lean].  I do believe they have said they want to play together.  If true, then that leans Fidone another few percentage points toward Iowa in my eyes.

FWIW KJ is considering KSU and not KU. (N, Iowa, KSU). 

I believe Fidone is a Nebraska lean based on 247 or we are at least at the very top. 

KJ Is a heavy N lean. 

• Plus1 1

This Fidone's thread, so I will try to stay true to that. With that said, I am not using a friends or friends of friends for info. on KJ.  Unless you specifically talk to him, I am notsure of your confidence. I truly hope you know him personally bc that would be awesome to hear he is heavy N. Just not what I am hearing from those very close to situation.

Now, back to Fidone. I have no information at all here. I am just basing this one in gut feeling and opinion. Again, he grew up Husker fan, close to Lincoln.  I just know what Iowa has offered and done with great TE from the local area (Iowa-Nebraska). This is why I say 50/50.

58 minutes ago, Decked said:

FWIW KJ is considering KSU and not KU. (N, Iowa, KSU). 

I believe Fidone is a Nebraska lean based on 247 or we are at least at the very top. 

KJ Is a heavy N lean. 

Wrong on KJ.  Hanc is way more in touch then you realize.  KJ is FAR from a N lean. 

• Mavric changed the title to TE Thomas Fidone
  • Mavric pinned this topic