TE Thomas Fidone

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

51 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Fidone commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

3 hours ago, HANC said:

This Fidone's thread, so I will try to stay true to that. With that said, I am not using a friends or friends of friends for info. on KJ.  Unless you specifically talk to him, I am notsure of your confidence. I truly hope you know him personally bc that would be awesome to hear he is heavy N. Just not what I am hearing from those very close to situation.

Now, back to Fidone. I have no information at all here. I am just basing this one in gut feeling and opinion. Again, he grew up Husker fan, close to Lincoln.  I just know what Iowa has offered and done with great TE from the local area (Iowa-Nebraska). This is why I say 50/50.

The head banging against the wall frustration in this is that Frost has shown he wants to use a good tightend.  It's just not happened since he got here.  I have to believe it's because he doesn't have the right guy.

TE production:

Oregon 

2013 Rec - 32 Yards - 501 TDs - 5

2014 Rec - 42 Yards - 592 TDs - 7

2015 Rec - 21 Yards - 268 TDs - 2

UCF

2016 Rec 36 Yards - 510 TDs - 2

2017 Rec 55 Yards - 858 TDs - 5

Nebraska 

2018 Rec 28 Yards - 374 TDs - 3

2019 Rec 33 Yards - 326 TDs - 1

So, Tightends can be very effective in this offense and used.  But, there's clearly a drop off when he came to Nebraska that needs corrected.

He knows that. That's why he wants Fidone so bad.

• Plus1 4
2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

The head banging against the wall frustration in this is that Frost has shown he wants to use a good tightend.  It's just not happened since he got here.  I have to believe it's because he doesn't have the right guy.

TE production:

Oregon 

2013 Rec - 32 Yards - 501 TDs - 5

2014 Rec - 42 Yards - 592 TDs - 7

2015 Rec - 21 Yards - 268 TDs - 2

UCF

2016 Rec 36 Yards - 510 TDs - 2

2017 Rec 55 Yards - 858 TDs - 5

Nebraska 

2018 Rec 28 Yards - 374 TDs - 3

2019 Rec 33 Yards - 326 TDs - 1

So, Tightends can be very effective in this offense and used.  But, there's clearly a drop off when he came to Nebraska that needs corrected.

He knows that. That's why he wants Fidone so bad.

Reading really fast, it looked like 510 TD's, 858 TD's, etc.

Is the quarantine over yet:facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2020 at 6:37 PM, Vince R. said:

Such a great looking athlete for that position. I do think he is a cornerstone for this class if he commits to us, and that the likelihood of Bollers coming goes up quite a bit.  

@Vince R., what is your current view sir?

I still think he will be a Hawk in the end.  Emotionally, that feels stronger because of all the big misses as of late.  I see Bollers to Wisky and as others are committing to other schools, rather than us, I see him going to develop himself best for the NFL.  I think that trump's His love for Nebraska in the end.

Appreciate any thoughts you might have.

• Plus1 1
  • Mavric changed the title to TE Thomas Fidone
  • Mavric pinned this topic