Better coaching staff OSU or NU

15 hours ago, BIG ERN said:

Greg Mattison was a homerun hire from Michigan that not a lot took notice to. He completely revamped OSU to a powerhouse Defense. And now look at Michigan this year. Kevin Wilson is also a solid OC that has proven he can score points, just not the best HC. Either way,  Urban left that staff with a ridiculous amount of talent. Larry Johnson has also been a main staple for that football program, especially in recruiting. 

I don't think many people realized how much hiring Mattison and Washington away from Michigan has helped OSU on defense this year. That was a cold blooded move that hurt Michigan and helped OSU (nothing better than that). Hiring Jeff Hafley was also a strong move. Urban was not willing to hand over the defense  to Grinch last year when he allowed Schiano to come back, and that hurt OSU's chances at the playoffs last year. Another move that has paid off is hiring Hartline to coach the WRs. He is obviously a lot better (coach and human) than the turd that was the WR coach before him. So far Day has been pushing all the right buttons. 

Saying all that, I don't think it matters who has the "best coaching staff". As an OSU fan, I would take OSU's staff any day of the week, but that is for OSU. Frost just fits at Nebraska and I am not sure he would be the best fit at OSU. 

• Plus1 2