Nebraska's return to the BIG XII

Nebraska Back to the Big XII  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 minutes ago, HuskerForTrump2020 said:

It has nothing to do with an easy schedule it has to do with tapping into the Texas population and having a pipeline to the South in general. Did I say anything about an easy record? Did anyone??

You didn't have to, it comes with the desire to go back to that s#!t league.  You can put lipstick on it by saying it's about a Texas recruitment base, but it's really about an easier path and a bunch of BS nostalgia that none of those teams give a damn about.  They don't want us back anyways..

6 minutes ago, Redux said:

You didn't have to, it comes with the desire to go back to that s#!t league.  You can put lipstick on it by saying it's about a Texas recruitment base, but it's really about an easier path and a bunch of BS nostalgia that none of those teams give a damn about.  They don't want us back anyways..

Lol but I mean that's literally not what I said and what my point is .. literally no one said anything about an easier schedule. Maybe someone else did in a different thread but not in here. In my opinion a big 12 schedule would be far more difficult and far more interesting than playing the power houses of Illinois northwestern Indiana Minnesota and Maryland

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Could you more blatantly announce that you're a former banned member?

These people are so predictable.:lol:

More abuse, I can't be a long time concerned lurker requesting we return to our roots. Since my opinion is different than yours you have since called for me to be banned, called me not a husker fan, now you have said I'm a former banned member.  Edit add in- Now he has called for anyone who's opinion is different than his to be bombarded into submission by gif bombs @DavidMax. Why can't you just discuss the topic which is my concern the big 10 has an agenda against us and it would be in our best interest to return to the big 12?  I'm not sure why you have to add the rest. Clear abuse

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Roundball Shaman said:

For those who like the Big Ten, it’s great that you have that feeling. No one should be trying to step on that. But others have a different perspective about it. That fact that this issue keeps coming up proves that.

Most Husker fans understand and respect the decision to leave the Big Texas Conference. They honestly left Nebraska little other choice if the Big Red were to keep their pride and self-respect. But given that, this doesn’t automatically mean that Nebraska is a good fit in the Big Fourteen.

Some are speaking up. Others are afraid to say... those who long for the “good old days” of the Big 8 (not Big 12) really are saying they miss feeling at home in a conference that they fit into. Nebraska does not fit with those Rust Belt schools and the East Coast emphasis of bringing in those addition Eastern big city-oriented schools. This is not a “get off my lawn” fondness for the past. This is simply recognizing a fit that is less than ideal.

Nebraska has little choice but to stay where they are right now. But sooner or later, there will be more realignment in major college ball. When that happens, Nebraska needs to get away from a conference that will never accept them as an equal (does that sound familiar?) and get back to the feeling of those great Big 8 matches that are remembered so fondly. Leave Ohio and Michigan and Wisconsin and Pennsylvania and New Jersey and Maryland to themselves. If the money is right, we’d see how fast somebody might jump to a new conference home.

Until then, get to love Interstate 80.

Very well stated good sir.

• Plus1 2