Nebraska's return to the BIG XII

Nebraska Back to the Big XII  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

HFT - It's ok to offer an opinion different from the majority.  We do it here all the time.  However, the majority of us find a way to do it in a way that isn't so abrasive and over the top.  Do you happen to drive a truck for a living?  

In case you haven't noticed, college football is a business.  They are in this to make money... serious money.  The only way Nebraska changes conferences in the future is if someone offers us more money and, at a minimum, the same level of conference stability.  

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1
1 hour ago, HuskerForTrump2020 said:

More abuse, I can't be a long time concerned lurker requesting we return to our roots. Since my opinion is different than yours you have since called for me to be banned, called me not a husker fan, now you have said I'm a former banned member.  Edit add in- Now he has called for anyone who's opinion is different than his to be bombarded into submission by gif bombs @DavidMax. Why can't you just discuss the topic which is my concern the big 10 has an agenda against us and it would be in our best interest to return to the big 12?  I'm not sure why you have to add the rest. Clear abuse

By your posts, I get the impression that you do not have the proper skin thickness to take part in internet conversations.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, HuskerForTrump2020 said:

Why are you getting so defensive because I have a different view point than the veryyyy toxic establishment here. Can't wait for David to clean this place up. Didn't think you boys would handle the pop up ADS

I get it now you are just a huskermax member who is jealous because our site is still free

• Plus1 2

Guys, I obviously don't post much. More of a lurker. But I've been waiting a long time to say this:

I understand the antipathy towards the Big 12, but let's be honest –  it's an irrational sentiment. The fact is that Nebraska enjoyed more success in that league (even though after 1999 there no conference championships), and more opportunities to recruit – especially Texas. Nebraska is literally at the western edge of the Big 10 footprint, seemingly forgotten, and with no natural rich recruiting area. The Ohio, Pennsylvania and Michigan kids have many opportunities to play closer to home.

I sense that interest in the program is starting to slowly erode, even with the arrival of favorite son HCSF. We like to think Nebraska is a "traditional power," but after two decades of mediocrity, "traditional" starts to mean just "a helluva long time ago," and it has been. I don't think there's ever going to be any sustained success in the Big 10. Too many natural disadvantages.

I know everyone hates UT, but maybe it was because of just total frustration. Maybe it was really because the Huskers beat Texas a grand total of once – just once – in the history of the Big 12. The record was 1-9. ONE AND NINE! To some outsiders that's the reason for why Nebraska bolted. It's not true, but it was a bad look.

Seriously, back to the Big 12. The money isn't that much different, and as fans who cares anyway? Start recruiting Texas again. And start winning championships. It's been a long, long time.

• Plus1 1

I just don't understand this thread. OSU can pull the top talent out of Texas, but Nebraska somehow can't because they are in the Big10?  OSU's success over the past 8 years was built on kids from Texas. I assume that Nebraska should be able to do the same thing and it has nothing to do with conference affiliation. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 4