Nebraska's return to the BIG XII

Nebraska Back to the Big XII  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

55 minutes ago, jaws said:

I just don't understand this thread. OSU can pull the top talent out of Texas, but Nebraska somehow can't because they are in the Big10?  OSU's success over the past 8 years was built on kids from Texas. I assume that Nebraska should be able to do the same thing and it has nothing to do with conference affiliation. 

BECAUSE OF REASONS

Or something. I dunno.    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Plus1 2

3 hours ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

Without a doubt they are.... They were loudly booed anytime they were mentioned/shown on the Gameday set. :lol:

Ya, just joking cuz of the past threads, asking are they or aren't they.  But hey I'm just hoping they will come with us to the Big 12.

2 hours ago, jaws said:

I just don't understand this thread. OSU can pull the top talent out of Texas, but Nebraska somehow can't because they are in the Big10?  OSU's success over the past 8 years was built on kids from Texas. I assume that Nebraska should be able to do the same thing and it has nothing to do with conference affiliation. 

Maybe it's because we've sucked for two decades.

• Plus1 2
11 hours ago, jaws said:

Exactly

Win games, recruit hot beds successfully regardless of conference.

I feel like we have a good place in the Big Ten especially financial wise... but does anyone else just miss our old big twelve buddies. Playing Texas, Oklahoma, and Colorado(PAC 12) every year. Also I would love to play teams like Kansas State and Missouri(SEC) every year instead of like Minnesota or Purdue.

Good times... good times.

• Plus1 2

Whatever conference today that Texas and Oklahoma are in, they are going to be the alpha dogs and everybody else is just considered filler. Any such conference is to be avoided at all costs.

But, this is also like it is in the Big-Ten-Fourteen where Ohio State and the Michigan schools are not moving over from the front of the line to make way for anyone else. Divine right of Kings, and all.

Nebraska has been caught at an in-between place with these major conferences since the Big 8 melted down/up to 12. Big Red aren’t likely to join a major conference to the West (with the likes of Utah and USC and Oregon). There is no major conference to the North of them. They’ve already tried the major conference to the South of them. So, the Big Red are stuck with looking East and that’s where they are.

Or maybe... Southeast? The Big Red in the SEC? Yes! If Missouri can do it, Nebraska can, too. Get away from the cold weather sites and head Southeast like Americans are moving in record numbers now.

The New SEC North Conference. Has a good ring to it.

• Plus1 1