Nebraska's return to the BIG XII

Nebraska Back to the Big XII  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

On 10/1/2019 at 8:04 PM, HuskerForTrump2020 said:

Frost said it best in the Illinois post game.  He has the evidence to prove a majority of calls go against the Corn Huskers. This conference has made us house rich, but at what cost?? To turn our weekends into a fun get together to drink and watch us get our asses kicked?? Absolute incompetent officiating, rigged schedules, and worst of all absolute boring traditions and teams.

The leadership at the University pissed our traditions down the drain, and worst of all cut our lifeline off to the massive population of the south.  Texas kids accounted for a large part of the roster and kept our heads above water for a long time.  Was playing in the world's nicest stadium for a title game that bad?? The honey moon is long over, it's time to go back.   and I'm sorry to any of you too young to not remember the vastly superior story lines we had within the big 12.  Cheers I won't log in again.

giphy.gif

6 hours ago, VectorVictor said:

Except that it's not and it's been proven as such. Again, you're stating falsehoods as fact in the football forum--leave that s*** in the Political forum and you won't be called out. 

And my panties are fine--you did an excellent job of ironing them before storing them in your dresser. 

I made a joke. You're the one making it political. I'm always willing to discuss politics in a reasonable manner though. If you would like to have a productive conversation about it, feel free to pm me. 

• Fire 1
22 minutes ago, ActualCornHusker said:

I made a joke. You're the one making it political. I'm always willing to discuss politics in a reasonable manner though. If you would like to have a productive conversation about it, feel free to pm me. 

Whoa dude. There’s no need for that sort of talk when referring to politics here. 

• Haha 1

I've read the first post a couple times, and I've come to the same conclusion..

What's that really gonna solve?

This idea is akin to breaking up with a girl because you don't like what she's offering you, then running off with another girl, who you later find out is just as f*cked up as the first one, just in different aspects.  Then wanting to run back to the first original one hoping she won't f*ck you over again.

Is going back to the Big XII magically going to make them a contender and restore this program?  All those Texas 5 star recruits all of sudden going to say, "holy crap, Nebraska's back, lets go play for Coach Frost"??  No, they probably won't because at this point, SMU is probably a more attractive destination. 

• Thanks 1

I read most, but not all, of the posts.  My opinion (take it or leave it, everyone's independent choice), it's not about what you want; it's about what's good for the school and the betterment of the whole.  As time passes, day by day, people will forget that Nebraska was even ever in the Big 12 until they look it up on Wikipedia in umpteen years (that's true, people forget legacy).  The world does not revolve around what you want to happen because it will make you feel good for the finite time you have on this planet.  There was a time when Ohio State wasn't in the B1G; there was a time when Michigan beat Ohio State terribly for many, many years in a row.  It's never what's good for you, its what's good for your school and if you don't believe this place is ultimately better for your school, I disagree.

• Plus1 3
On 10/2/2019 at 9:51 AM, Roundball Shaman said:

... those who long for the “good old days” of the Big 8 (not Big 12) really are saying they miss feeling at home in a conference that they fit into. Nebraska does not fit with those Rust Belt schools and the East Coast emphasis of bringing in those addition Eastern big city-oriented schools. This is not a “get off my lawn” fondness for the past. This is simply recognizing a fit that is less than ideal.

Join the club.  Minnesota, Iowa, Wisconsin...we all don't fit with the Rust Belt and East Coast schools.  Nebraska is a great fit in the B1G West, and if Wisconsin and Iowa (and maybe even Minnesota) can thrive in the West, Nebraska can too.

• Plus1 2

Really though...we're pretty happy with TCU and West Virginia....well...as happy as anybody could be about anything involving West Virginia.  Doubt I'd trade them for the likes of Rutgers and Maryland (who makes these stupid picks anyway) so we don't really need to endure yet endless trip to yet another opponent located in Yet another cow town in the middle of a flat, endless prairie.  We'll leave that joy to your Big 10 brothers.  They deserve it.

And we gave you Fred Hoiberg so now you have to leave us alone.  It's in his contract.

Wow...that's kinda like a big brother giving his worn out letter jacket to his nerdy little brother so he won't look like such a band dork and people might like him.  I kinda like that...now, bring me another Busch Light.

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BOJ said:

I read most, but not all, of the posts.  My opinion (take it or leave it, everyone's independent choice), it's not about what you want; it's about what's good for the school and the betterment of the whole.  As time passes, day by day, people will forget that Nebraska was even ever in the Big 12 until they look it up on Wikipedia in umpteen years (that's true, people forget legacy).  The world does not revolve around what you want to happen because it will make you feel good for the finite time you have on this planet.  There was a time when Ohio State wasn't in the B1G; there was a time when Michigan beat Ohio State terribly for many, many years in a row.  It's never what's good for you, its what's good for your school and if you don't believe this place is ultimately better for your school, I disagree.

Your football program would be better off in some version of the Big12.  But the rest of the University is likely better off where you are.  I just cannot imagine any U Dean would move his school out of an association with more money and academic prestige.  

#newnormal

• 1 year later...

People can mock the thought of leaving the Big Ten all they want. But if you feel like the conference you are in doesn't align with your program's views and doesn't appear to have your best interest at heart. Then maybe you should consider a change. I dont have all the answers- I dont even have anything to propose what that change is. I am just saying it feels like the Big Ten goes out of their way to make us feel not welcome in this league.