Nebraska's return to the BIG XII

Nebraska Back to the Big XII  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just now, Decoy73 said:

Because we feel the conference is in the wrong.   Sometimes you need to stand up for what you think is right.   I’m glad we’re not just another “yes men” school for this bizarre conference.  

Pick your battles. We agreed to a conference only schedule. Not sure why you would wage a war you can’t win. 

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Listening to 1620, reading this board as well as FB and Twitter, I have an unpopular opinion. 

just everyone shut it.  Why do we think we would be allowed to play outside of the conference? We knew it was conference only since July and sure the rug was pulled out after, but geez get mad over things that you can control. 

try to stay sane. 

We are fans. We literally cannot control any aspect of they games we fanaticize over. This is what we do. 

How much is the extra B1G revenue worth to where forgo our right cultural fit? To stay in a conference where the general mindset is so far from our own that, when almost any important group decision is at hand, we don’t get what we deem necessary for us?

And are we not in lower academic standing now than when we joined the B1G? I know we lost our AAU membership, but I’ve read secondhand that we’ve dropped in general rankings as well. So what good does the prestige of the B1G mean if we aren’t reaping enough benefits? (This isn’t as rhetorical as the previous question. I’m not and have never been in the Nebraska University system and don’t know enough of the situation to make much of a claim.)

41 minutes ago, C-4 said:

How much is the extra B1G revenue worth to where forgo our right cultural fit? To stay in a conference where the general mindset is so far from our own that, when almost any important group decision is at hand, we don’t get what we deem necessary for us?

And are we not in lower academic standing now than when we joined the B1G? I know we lost our AAU membership, but I’ve read secondhand that we’ve dropped in general rankings as well. So what good does the prestige of the B1G mean if we aren’t reaping enough benefits? (This isn’t as rhetorical as the previous question. I’m not and have never been in the Nebraska University system and don’t know enough of the situation to make much of a claim.)

I think the BIg 10 is just as good a cultural fit as a conference that's chock full of Texas, with a side of West Virginia.

• Thanks 2

45 minutes ago, C-4 said:

Texas cost Nebraska that AAU membership if memory serves.  

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Pick your battles. We agreed to a conference only schedule. Not sure why you would wage a war you can’t win. 

Frost and co probably feel slighted in being denied another opportunity for the team to grow.  Sure, it was a long shot, but it didn't hurt to ask.  If nothing else, it makes it clear we want to play football even if 12 out of the other 14 don't as much.  Maybe it helps recruiting?  Maybe NU's just making it clear they aren't always going to go the conformist route like every traditional B1G school seems to do with everything else?  Who knows?  But Frost and Moos aren't changing.  They''re respectfully blunt about things and that's how it is.  The conference is just going to have to get used to it and live with it.

I'm still not sure why anyone would want to leave the Big 10 for the Big 12. Silly.  My dream is that Kansas will be offered  in expansion (gives B10 part of the the KC market with Missouri/SEC) to join the B10.  I know KState is the ugly stepchild that is tied to them, but I wish there was a legal way around that. I would think the money would be so much better for Kansas.

I don't care for the B10, but I am thankful that when CU and MU bailed that the B10 was there for the Huskers. It gave them instant credibility from a conference standpoint. Iowa State, Kansas, and KSU would have jumped for the opportunity to get away from Texas imo.  No one owes NU anything. If Nu wins 4 or 5 games this year, they can build off it and who knows...go to a bowl.