Nebraska's return to the BIG XII

Nebraska Back to the Big XII  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

19 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I thought this was a good read. Sound's like some folks in Colorado are not happy about their conference either. It was nice to read an article from someone you could tell knew the Nebraska history and had respect for it.

Does anybody actually want to be back in the same conference (any conference) with the Buffs, though? Or more specifically, with Buffs fans?

• Plus1 1

53 minutes ago, Toe said:

Does anybody actually want to be back in the same conference (any conference) with the Buffs, though? Or more specifically, with Buffs fans?

Buffs fans and Denver media are now realizing the best chance at selling out their stadium and getting local interest is having NU play in Boulder on a regular basis. 

• Thanks 1
On 10/1/2019 at 9:04 PM, HuskerForTrump2020 said:

Frost said it best in the Illinois post game.  He has the evidence to prove a majority of calls go against the Corn Huskers. This conference has made us house rich, but at what cost?? To turn our weekends into a fun get together to drink and watch us get our asses kicked?? Absolute incompetent officiating, rigged schedules, and worst of all absolute boring traditions and teams.

The leadership at the University pissed our traditions down the drain, and worst of all cut our lifeline off to the massive population of the south.  Texas kids accounted for a large part of the roster and kept our heads above water for a long time.  Was playing in the world's nicest stadium for a title game that bad?? The honey moon is long over, it's time to go back.   and I'm sorry to any of you too young to not remember the vastly superior story lines we had within the big 12.  Cheers I won't log in again.

Bad ideas? Username checks out. 

• Plus1 5
4 hours ago, Toe said:

It was a general observation. The Big Ten will never have respect for our tradition. Nor will they probably ever care what we think. We are at best the 3rd or 4th wheel behind Ohio state and Michigan. I miss having a sense of belonging. I feel like we are the Big Red headed stepchild 

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

It was a general observation. The Big Ten will never have respect for our tradition. Nor will they probably ever care what we think. We are at best the 3rd or 4th wheel behind Ohio state and Michigan. I miss having a sense of belonging. I feel like we are the Big Red headed stepchild 

It's been beaten to death but we were 3rd fiddle in the last conference also, I hate to tell you. Nebraska's historical success is pretty incredible when you take off the Husker glasses and we should be thankful for it.  You don't need the approval of others to have self worth. We don't need to apologize to anyone, and don't need anyone holding us up. We can stand on our own two feet.  We are headed back in the right direction and things will work themselves out, so just enjoy the ride.

• Plus1 3

9 minutes ago, Cy the Cyclone said:

Ah...beating a hapless Kansas football team by 30 on a warm, October afternoon...all is right with the world.

Like, they have no hap? Zero?

You'd think they could scrounge up a little hap, like a small pile. But looking at their record... yeah, they seem to be without hap.

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

A vocal minority. But they keep hollering.

And they eat up every transgression and rumor about Nebraska going back to the Big XII. They really are a vocal minority. 

6 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Like, they have no hap? Zero?

You'd think they could scrounge up a little hap, like a small pile. But looking at their record... yeah, they seem to be without hap.

And Kansas has had more hap more recently than we did. Sadly.

EDIT: And apparently I'm stalking Knapplc. :dunno

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, knapplc said:

Grading on a curve because they're in a weaker conference.

We were in the same conference at the time of their last bout of hep. 

Sorry, hap. Leaving it because one or more of their staff probably got hep after celebrating making a BCS game.