Khalil Davis Suspended for Northwestern

knapplc

This is a teaching moment. If I were Frost, I would suspend Khalil Davis a second game to send a message to the rest of the team that undisciplined play is not welcomed and will not be tolerated. We have had one of worst records in terms of penalties committed for the longest stretch probably going back 10 years or more. Stupid penalties committed at key points in the game have been killing our drives, momentum, and giving other teams more chances to beat us. I thought that this issue will be the first thing that Frost and his coaches would address. Sadly, we continue to play undisciplined football and this year we have added very poor special teams play to the list of issues we have to fix. I am hoping we have what it takes to beat Northwestern. I can’t believe we got to the point where we are hoping to beat Northwestern. I still remember the 2000 Alamo Bowl in San Antonio where we shellacked Northwestern 66 to 17. We were 9-2 and they were 8-3 that season. Look at how far we have dropped!

2 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Hmmm....interesting. You think we’ve been blown out possibly 4 times in the last 1.5 years?

2 isn't enough for you in 17 games?  Some people make the case that losing to Wisconsin 41-24 and Purdue 42-28 were blowouts.  But you're just trying to be condescending anyways.

8 hours ago, Redux said:

2 isn't enough for you in 17 games?  Some people make the case that losing to Wisconsin 41-24 and Purdue 42-28 were blowouts.  But you're just trying to be condescending anyways.

2 is more than I want...but it’s not “getting blown out a lot lately”. 

I might be being a little condescending, but you exaggerated to try to make a point.  

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

2 is more than I want...but it’s not “getting blown out a lot lately”. 

I might be being a little condescending, but you exaggerated to try to make a point. 

No that's just how you decided to take it.  The quote was "losing AND getting blown out", you chose to focus on the blown out part.  A 7-10 record in 17 games is losing a lot.  But sure if we only count the two obvious blowouts and ignore the other 2-3 games we got thrashed in if you ignore the final score, I guess we are doing mediocre as far as preventing blowouts.

We got blown out under Callahan, under Pelini, under Riley and now under Frost.  Just because we really really like this coach doesn't mean the trend hasn't continued.

• Fire 1
19 minutes ago, Redux said:

No that's just how you decided to take it.  The quote was "losing AND getting blown out", you chose to focus on the blown out part.  A 7-10 record in 17 games is losing a lot.  But sure if we only count the two obvious blowouts and ignore the other 2-3 games we got thrashed in if you ignore the final score, I guess we are doing mediocre as far as preventing blowouts.

We got blown out under Callahan, under Pelini, under Riley and now under Frost.  Just because we really really like this coach doesn't mean the trend hasn't continued.

You're right.  I concentrated on the "blow out" part.

By some definitions, we also have blown out some teams.

34 minutes ago, Redux said:

You need to settle your jimmies. Bo and Riley continued their trend of getting curb stomped into their 3rd year (and beyond for Bo). We lost to a CU team we should have beat in OT, and got man handled by one of the top teams in the country. Let's see how the rest of this year plays out, and what Scott can do next year. We were willing to give Riley 3 years.

This team is very young, and we have a few talented guys redshirting with a good looking 2020 class lined up. If Frost and co can't perform with the talent they are bringing in, then maybe it's time to get worried.

I know the past 20 years have sucked, but now more than ever we need to be patient. We've got a smart and talented young head coach. He needs time to rebuild the program into the image he wants.