Khalil Davis Suspended for Northwestern

knapplc

1 minute ago, Redux said:

You can't call Illinois 2018 us blowing them out and NOT call Purdue and Wisconsin from 2018 them blowing us out, come on.

That's why I said "by some definitions".  Some people seem to think (as you said) a 14-17 point loss is getting blown out.  Well....then these are blow out wins.

How about this....let's agree that we have had two blow out losses in the last two seasons.  Neither of us are happy about those two losses.  

Now, we can disagree if you want about the direction of the program.  But, I will not agree that we are getting blown out a lot lately. (yes, that's the part of your post I'm keying on)

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

You need to settle your jimmies. Bo and Riley continued their trend of getting curb stomped into their 3rd year (and beyond for Bo). We lost to a CU team we should have beat in OT, and got man handled by one of the top teams in the country. Let's see how the rest of this year plays out, and what Scott can do next year. We were willing to give Riley 3 years.

This team is very young, and we have a few talented guys redshirting with a good looking 2020 class lined up. If Frost and co can't perform with the talent they are bringing in, then maybe it's time to get worried.

I know the past 20 years have sucked, but now more than ever we need to be patient. We've got a smart and talented young head coach. He needs time to rebuild the program into the image he wants.

You need to settle your jimmies.  I'm not saying anything to the contrary, I'm well aware of all that.  You don't need to learn me anything, the sky isn't falling, chill dude.

8 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

That's why I said "by some definitions".  Some people seem to think (as you said) a 14-17 point loss is getting blown out.  Well....then these are blow out wins.

How about this....let's agree that we have had two blow out losses in the last two seasons.  Neither of us are happy about those two losses.  

Now, we can disagree if you want about the direction of the program.  But, I will not agree that we are getting blown out a lot lately. (yes, that's the part of your post I'm keying on)

It's easy to look only at the final score and call something close or a blowout.  But we both know that doesn't tell the full story.  But I'm not going to argue about this.  4 games out of 17 where we have lost by 3+ scores, better?

And I'm not pissing on the direction of the program.  Why is everyone getting so sensitive when anyone is honest about where we are?  Thus far, in year 2, we aren't any better than we were in year 1 other than record.  Just a cold reality.  It'll get better, I'm not dense.

Now, if we win these next 4 and get blown out by Wisconsin that will be 3 in 2 years.  Is that still a good average?

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, Redux said:

It's easy to look only at the final score and call something close or a blowout.  But we both know that doesn't tell the full story.  But I'm not going to argue about this.  4 games out of 17 where we have lost by 3+ scores, better?

And I'm not pissing on the direction of the program.  Why is everyone getting so sensitive when anyone is honest about where we are?  Thus far, in year 2, we aren't any better than we were in year 1 other than record.  Just a cold reality.  It'll get better, I'm not dense.

Now, if we win these next 4 and get blown out by Wisconsin that will be 3 in 2 years.  Is that still a good average?

Well, maybe because you keep harping on how poor we've been doing. The way you discuss the topic makes it seems like you're almost ready to jump ship, but you're saying that's not the case. Everyone is well aware of how much we have sucked for 20 years now. We get it! We don't need to be learned.

• Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, Redux said:

Can you point to a post where you have had a positive attitude towards the direction of the program?  (Other than here when you're trying to convince us you are)

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, Redux said:

This is nit-picking, but we've only lost by 3+ scores in 3 games ;)

26 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I’m just wondering who will fill in for Khalil “I’m Gonna Put A Knot In Your Head” Davis?

I heard we might see a highly recruited freshman who will use one of his four games and still redshirt?

Heard from fans or people close to the program? I'd love to see that, I figured Green would pick up some snaps and Deontre/Stille/Carlos would play slightly more snaps. But working in Robinson or Wildeman/Rogers would be cool. 

1 hour ago, BigRedBuster said:

Can you point to a post where you have had a positive attitude towards the direction of the program?  (Other than here when you're trying to convince us you are)

No, I can't.  Feel free to wade through my hundreds of posts over the last year and a half though.  I'm not doing it to prove anything to you.  You're just looking to argue.  I know where I sit, I know how happy I am to have Frost here, I know I'll be excited as hell when it finally starts coming together.

But I'm not going to sing praise and smell roses when things are bad.  I defended everything Bo did, even during blowouts, for 6 and a half years.  Riley made me numb.  I'm not going to be overly optimistic guy with Frost, I'm going to be more realistic but reasonable.  I know how good he is and how good we can be, but so far it hasn't been a good product.  That's not all on him, a lot of it is the last staff's incompetence.  But parts of it are.  Like Martinez regressing, piss poor snaps 5 games in, no kicking game.  

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Well, maybe because you keep harping on how poor we've been doing. The way you discuss the topic makes it seems like you're almost ready to jump ship, but you're saying that's not the case. Everyone is well aware of how much we have sucked for 20 years now. We get it! We don't need to be learned.

I like you, but you're really being a pain in the a$$ for no good reason.

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

Punishing a player for trying to physically assault another player outside of the rules and sportsmanship of the game?

Pussies! Buncha limp wristed bureacrats ruining my MAN'S game! What happened to my beloved sport where we used to hide knives in our jockstraps, use helmets as clubs and keep track of how many bones we could break at the bottom of a fumble pile? This is frankly disgusting.

• Plus1 2