Huskers Rearrange 2021 Schedule

Mavric

11 minutes ago, Ziebol said:

This schedule is brutal.

Seriously... 

@ Oklahoma and Michigan state followed directly by Ohio State at home..

The only good thing is we have Ohio State, Iowa, and Wisconsin at home. Our other crossover game is Michigan and at least thats at home as well. 

Tough schedule... hopefully we are a good team by then, and we can prove our worth. 

• Plus1 3

16 minutes ago, Cdog923 said:

The Big Ten needs to pull their heads out of their rectum and schedule for competitive balance, not TV ratings. 

One thing I don't like is how every year we have Iowa, Wisconsin, and Northwestern at home and then the following year have all three of them away. I think this is just because those three have generally been better in the west than other teams like Minnesota, Purdue, or Illinois. I wish there was a way in recent time that we could split those three up and have like two of them at home, and one away. So then one year it doesn't seem like our schedule is so easy, and then the next year it seems so tough. I think it would be nice if there could be more randomization between home/away games (but I know they have to be kept even). 

Also what is up with us crossing over with Ohio State from 2016-2021 but only playing teams like Penn State and Michigan once or twice...

41 minutes ago, Huskerchief said:

Seriously... 

@ Oklahoma and Michigan state followed directly by Ohio State at home..

The only good thing is we have Ohio State, Iowa, and Wisconsin at home. Our other crossover game is Michigan and at least thats at home as well. 

Tough schedule... hopefully we are a good team by then, and we can prove our worth. 

I wonder if one of the conference games is getting moved to Week 1 - that would at least split them out.

45 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I wonder if one of the conference games is getting moved to Week 1 - that would at least split them out.

That's my hope.  Get NW, Purdue or Illinois in there.  No need to tune up against Sun Belt teams when we can be achieving the same result against division foes.

• Plus1 1

Yeah, why do we always get bent over when it comes to scheduling. More often than not we're playing MSU/Michigan and Ohio State on the road at the same time. Then we normally have Wisconsin butted up in there. Why will we have only play Indiana twice in 10 years???