Huskers Rearrange 2021 Schedule

Mavric

4 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

The Big Ten needs to pull their heads out of their rectum and schedule for competitive balance, not TV ratings. 

Now go check out Iowa’s schedule....complete joke and they still haven’t scheduled a legit non-conference game too

• Plus1 1
5 hours ago, teachercd said:

Marky D will be gone from MSU and that team will be lame AF.  I bet Day is gone as well and in the NFL for his 3 year stink of stinkness only to come back to CFB.

I hadn't thought of that, but Day does seem like a guy who tries to make the NFL jump. 

9 hours ago, Huskerchief said:

One thing I don't like is how every year we have Iowa, Wisconsin, and Northwestern at home and then the following year have all three of them away. I think this is just because those three have generally been better in the west than other teams like Minnesota, Purdue, or Illinois. I wish there was a way in recent time that we could split those three up and have like two of them at home, and one away. So then one year it doesn't seem like our schedule is so easy, and then the next year it seems so tough. I think it would be nice if there could be more randomization between home/away games (but I know they have to be kept even). 

Also what is up with us crossing over with Ohio State from 2016-2021 but only playing teams like Penn State and Michigan once or twice...

I believe Ohio State was the protected crossover every year and then in '22 it becomes Michigan for several years.  Maybe when I'm 135 years old, Rutgers will be the crossover?

9 hours ago, Cdog923 said:

The Big Ten needs to pull their heads out of their rectum and schedule for competitive balance, not TV ratings. 

Ya, the officiating sucked in the 12 but at least everyone had the same schedule rotation. This purposefully sandbagging of certain teams and giving others easy scheds needs to stop. There are no interdivision rivalries other than Purdue and Indiana(who should obviously play every year), no reason not to just have everyone rotate regularly with some eye towards not having an especially easy or hard sched any particular year. No way should we be adding a marquee "zero week" match-up with this schedule to play afterward.

• Fire 1
5 hours ago, Danimal said:

Ya, the officiating sucked in the 12 but at least everyone had the same schedule rotation. This purposefully sandbagging of certain teams and giving others easy scheds needs to stop. There are no interdivision rivalries other than Purdue and Indiana(who should obviously play every year), no reason not to just have everyone rotate regularly with some eye towards not having an especially easy or hard sched any particular year. No way should we be adding a marquee "zero week" match-up with this schedule to play afterward.

This. The worst part is that it would be super easy to balance: pick one Tier 1 team (OSU, MSU,), one Tier 2 team (PSU, Michigan ) and one Tier 3 team (Maryland, Rutgers, Indiana) and go from there. 

It sucks so bad that we have to play all these good teams that challenge us and that will likely result in a loss. I can't stand it! I mean, we shouldn't have to play these better teams, its just not fair especially when the other teams in our division don't play as good of teams as us. The Big Ten officials need to make it easier for us so that we can get better and have a chance of winning the conference.

I wish I had my kiki blanket.

• Plus1 1