This is on Frost

jimmy1

I didn't watch today's disaster but I think the offense's horrible play is directly tied to the high snap from center.  The high snapping hurts plays but what's killing the team is that someone anointed as the next Rimington consistently snaps the ball high and there are no consequences.  Playing favorites when it's obviously hurting the team is an excellent way to kill motivation.  Why try hard in practice when you know that you will not be rewarded with playing time?  If the coaches continue to play a player that is hurting the team, maybe winning isn't important to the coaches so why should the players care?

• Plus1 7
  • Fire 2

But the Jurgens playing is not a bad take.  He almost cost us the game.  This guy needs to sit ASAP.  Nothing against the kid.  I hope he improves and gets better.  But this is high school garbage.  I see this in high school games and the center is REPLACED during the game.  How is this guy playing now 6 games straight?!  I cannot imagine how this has not been corrected. :steam

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, chamrocck said:

But the Jurgens playing is not a bad take.  He almost cost us the game.  This guy needs to sit ASAP.  Nothing against the kid.  I hope he improves and gets better.  But this is high school garbage.  I see this in high school games and the center is REPLACED during the game.  How is this guy playing now 6 games straight?!  I cannot imagine how this has not been corrected. :steam

We get what you are saying. Could it also be possible that Jurgens is the best option for this team...despite his flaws? Relax and trust the coaches...

NU lost this game the last two years!!!

• Plus1 1

3 minutes ago, Husker NoNo said:

We get what you are saying. Could it also be possible that Jurgens is the best option for this team...despite his flaws? Relax and trust the coaches...

NU lost this game the last two years!!!

If he is the best option then you coach him to snap the damn ball.  It’s been all season.  It is the worst in CFB and kills our offense.  It makes no sense he is in there converting over from a TE.

Just now, chamrocck said:

If he is the best option then you coach him to snap the damn ball.  It’s been all season.  It is the worst in CFB and kills our offense.  It makes no sense he is in there converting over from a TE.

I am sure they practice snapping the ball. Perhaps you should email Scott though and pass along your wisdom...

• Plus1 2

The reality is fear of failure is a great catch phrase.  BUT when there is no accountability for said failure it creates issues.  If I was Farniok, I'd start wondering WTH. I practiced hard, bust my a$$ and a converted TE, injured throughout camp is the starting center and does poorly in each and every game, I'd start to get pi$$ed.   Especially when there is no accounabity that I can see as the mistakes are repeated game in and game out.  

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 1
5 minutes ago, chamrocck said:

I support Frost but that doesn’t mean I plug my ears and close my eyes. 

Exactly! We agree here! I would love to see better o-line play as a whole, but I just don’t think it’s in the cards this year. 

We can potentially lose every remaining game on the schedule. And outside of Wisky, I think we can win every game remaining on the schedule. It’s gonna be a stressful, but entertaining October and November. 

2 minutes ago, lo country said:

The reality is fear of failure is a great catch phrase.  BUT when there is no accountability for said failure it creates issues.  If I was Farniok, I'd start wondering WTH. I practiced hard, bust my a$$ and a converted TE, injured throughout camp is the starting center and does poorly in each and every game, I'd start to get pi$$ed.   Especially when there is no accounabity that I can see as the mistakes are repeated game in and game out.  

Have you watched Farniok practice all camp and season? Because the coaches have

• Plus1 3