This is on Frost

jimmy1

4 minutes ago, lo country said:

The reality is fear of failure is a great catch phrase.  BUT when there is no accountability for said failure it creates issues.  If I was Farniok, I'd start wondering WTH. I practiced hard, bust my a$$ and a converted TE, injured throughout camp is the starting center and does poorly in each and every game, I'd start to get pi$$ed.   Especially when there is no accounabity that I can see as the mistakes are repeated game in and game out.  

That’s the problem with the offensive line. None of them get pi$$ed off and refuse to get embarrassed by the opposing team owning them week in and week out for the past 5 years.

They don’t get mad

24 minutes ago, Husker NoNo said:

I am sure they practice snapping the ball. Perhaps you should email Scott though and pass along your wisdom...

I hate this type of BS response. Frost knows his center can’t snap a damn ball. If we all see it live, he sees it on tape. It’s time to get it figured out or find someone who can. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, Waldo said:

I hate this type of BS response. Frost knows his center can’t snap a damn ball. If we all see it live, he sees it on tape. It’s time to get it figured out or find someone who can. 

Okay...you are clearly superior in your football knowledge and a better fan than I. I yield to you. 

Who? Who should replace him? Farniok? I too would like better Center (and O-Line in general) play. But who is gonna be a consistently better option?  Should we try a walk-on transfer converted safety from Norfolk at Center?

If there was someone who was better, I promise you that the change would have been made (as it was last year on the o-line).

Relax people! Trust the coaches. 

• Plus1 3
8 minutes ago, Waldo said:

Time to hit the free agent market and see who you can hire for the league minimum, right?

But seriously, folks...congratulations on the win against Northwestern today.  Minnesota's gonna slaughter Nebraska next Saturday!

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, lo country said:

The reality is fear of failure is a great catch phrase.  BUT when there is no accountability for said failure it creates issues.  If I was Farniok, I'd start wondering WTH. I practiced hard, bust my a$$ and a converted TE, injured throughout camp is the starting center and does poorly in each and every game, I'd start to get pi$$ed.   Especially when there is no accounabity that I can see as the mistakes are repeated game in and game out.  

I believe Jurgens is getting the playing time to gain experience for the future.  His high snaps haven't caused a loss yet.  Colorado was a defensive collapse and OSU was a loss whether all the snaps were perfect.  There isn't much margin for error to get bowl eligible so that might cause some re-evaluation.

6 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

I believe Jurgens is getting the playing time to gain experience for the future.  His high snaps haven't caused a loss yet.  Colorado was a defensive collapse and OSU was a loss whether all the snaps were perfect.  There isn't much margin for error to get bowl eligible so that might cause some re-evaluation.

They offense crawling into a shell and doing absolutely nothing for a quarter and a half is what caused the defensive collapse.

• Plus1 1
19 minutes ago, everybody knows my name said:

Time to hit the free agent market and see who you can hire for the league minimum, right?

But seriously, folks...congratulations on the win against Northwestern today.  Minnesota's gonna slaughter Nebraska next Saturday!

Gophers looked good today, congrats.  Slaughter is a bold prediction though.

• Plus1 1
55 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Have you watched Farniok practice all camp and season? Because the coaches have

Frost has said from the jump Jurgens was his guy.  IMO, being Frost's "guy" might help you in the grand scheme.  Have you been to camp?  Have you seen Farniok perform in practice? What if the players feel he is better?  Who knows. If Jurgens is currently the best we have, so be it. But IMO, we are in trouble.  

• Haha 1
16 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Then why not play Benhart now?  Not disagreeing with you. If he truly is the next Rimington (or close) then play him, but do the same with the other guys as well.  

Kind of like Holgorsen at Houston.  Asking his starting WR and WB to redshirt (after starting in and playing 4 games) as the season sux and they'll be better next year.  Barring some miracle, I do not think Frost and Co feel like we will win the West.  So why not play the young guys for the experience.  Without the experience, next year will be a lot of the same excuses. The team is young, inexperienced, new to the scheme, another year of S&C.  Get them the playing time now.  Let them play a good amount of snaps in at least 4 games.  Spell the starters for the stretch.  Like Hickman today, is he burning his shirt for ST's?  Taylor-Britt returning punts after JD was out?  

Build the future today.  

1 minute ago, lo country said:

Frost has said from the jump Jurgens was his guy.  IMO, being Frost's "guy" might help you in the grand scheme.  Have you been to camp?  Have you seen Farniok perform in practice? What if the players feel he is better?  Who knows. If Jurgens is currently the best we have, so be it. But IMO, we are in trouble.  

It was kind of strange when one of the OL was asked before the season started about Jurgens and his response was "no comment".  It could be that Farniok is or was better but the coaches thought Jurgens had a higher ceiling so they wanted to get him the experience.

35 minutes ago, Husker NoNo said:

Okay...you are clearly superior in your football knowledge and a better fan than I. I yield to you. 

Who? Who should replace him? Farniok? I too would like better Center (and O-Line in general) play. But who is gonna be a consistently better option?  Should we try a walk-on transfer converted safety from Norfolk at Center?

If there was someone who was better, I promise you that the change would have been made (as it was last year on the o-line).

Relax people! Trust the coaches. 

The point is, when it is not getting better, you at least try something different. 

I dont give a flying you know what how well he snaps it in practice. Practice stats don’t count. What happens on the field on Saturday is what matters. And right now it’s bad. 

So maybe the next guy doesn’t block as well, who knows, but if he puts the snap where it’s supposed to be at least the first issue is addressed. 

This absolute blind faith that a coach can never be wrong is just.....well, wrong. Coaches are human as well and have built in biases just like everyone else. We know ONE thing for certain, and that is the bad snaps are hurting us, and are not getting better. 

• Plus1 3
1 hour ago, BoNeyard said:

That’s the problem with the offensive line. None of them get pi$$ed off and refuse to get embarrassed by the opposing team owning them week in and week out for the past 5 years.

They don’t get mad

I agree with you.  There is none of the nasty we heard about.  Your QB is running for his life, RB gets trucked in the backfield, you continually get penalties and it's a shrug of the shoulders and oh well, back to work.  

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 1
1 minute ago, 4skers89 said:

It was kind of strange when one of the OL was asked before the season started about Jurgens and his response was "no comment".  It could be that Farniok is or was better but the coaches thought Jurgens had a higher ceiling so they wanted to get him the experience.

Good points.  I have no issue for building for the future.  To be honest, depth is the key.  We are really beaten up 6 games in with little depth.  I'd love it if we tried to really get guys reps if we are up or down by 20.  That's gotta be the key moving forward.

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

Then why not play Benhart now?  Not disagreeing with you. If he truly is the next Rimington (or close) then play him, but do the same with the other guys as well.  

Good question.  Too much inexperience on the OL could get someone killed is my only thought.