What did we learn? (The NW edition, sponsored by the MASH 4077)

1 hour ago, Mavric said:

We had 3 more rushing yards against Northwestern than Wisconsin did last week

We had 73 more passing yards against Northwestern than Wisconsin did last week

We had 76 more total yards against Northwestern than Wisconsin did last week

Our offense scored 3 more points against Northwestern than Wisconsin's did last week

What's your point? UNLV, MSU, and Stanford all gained more yards and scored more points than we did against NW.

Edited by H2h
3 minutes ago, H2h said:

What's your point? UNLV, MSU, and Stanford all gained more yards and scored more points than we did against NW. And while we're at it Wisconsin scored more points against NW than we did as well.

Wisconsin's defense scores more points than we did. Their offense only scored 10. 

4 minutes ago, H2h said:

What's your point? UNLV, MSU, and Stanford all gained more yards and scored more points than we did against NW. And while we're at it Wisconsin scored more points against NW than we did as well.

Wisconsin rushed for more yards vs Michigan than they had total yards vs NW 359-243. We outgained UW vs NW. Perspective. Huskers don't turn the ball over and they will be fine vs every team in the league not named Ohio State.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Ferentz wins these 13-10 type of games all the time. I admit I'll be a bit discouraged if Frost starts wearing a mock turtleneck and punting from the 35 but it works for Kirk.

Ooof.  That bar is getting lowered so much we can have a limbo party. I’ll bring the fondue 

8 minutes ago, Jack Burton said:

Which part? Huskers are a freaking TO machine so yeah, not turning it over seems like hitting the lotto.

The part that I quoted. We had no turnovers, and beat one of the worst teams in the B1G by 3 points. So it's highly unlikely we'd be "fine vs every team in the league not named Ohio State," unless your definition of "fine" is losing by less than 35 points.

There are 3-4 teams besides OSU who would have their way with us even if we had 0 turnovers, imo. Unless we improve a lot in several more areas besides turnovers.