What did we learn? (The NW edition, sponsored by the MASH 4077)

What I learned is that there are a lot of instant gratification fans on this board. 

Its year 2 of the Frost era and considering the rebuilding that needs to happen it's not surprising we aren't playing up to some of your standards. 

Seriously every loss and ppl bitch and moan about the huskers and we need to fire this coach fire that coach. Sorry to say we wont be national champions beating every team by 40 pts in year 2 of a rebuild. All you negative toxic fans create more harm for this team than you realize.

Remember what Osborn said when Frost was hired? This is a 5-7 year building process. Our team was left THAT bad after the Riley experiment. 

TL;DR: Stop bitching and moaning because we aren't undefeated and winning each game by 40 pts

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

4 hours ago, Moiraine said:

My favorite part of the game other than the win was at the beginning when they said we were playing to show who the real NU is. There should be a trophy for this game. It's almost always a good game.

We should get rid of the forced trophy games with Iowa and Wiscy with their lame conventional trophies and play Northwestern for a big NU. 

10 minutes ago, Blackshirt_Simonsen said:

I saw a former player on twitter point out that he thinks a big problem with Jurgens is his technique. If that actually is the problem, it should be an easy fix right?

Might as well name the player if he's doing it openly. Not for shame just for accreditation. It's hard to believe this hasn't been sorted out 6 games in. 

• Fire 1
18 minutes ago, Huskr25 said:

What I learned is that there are a lot of instant gratification fans on this board. 

Its year 2 of the Frost era and considering the rebuilding that needs to happen it's not surprising we aren't playing up to some of your standards. 

Seriously every loss and ppl bitch and moan about the huskers and we need to fire this coach fire that coach. Sorry to say we wont be national champions beating every team by 40 pts in year 2 of a rebuild. All you negative toxic fans create more harm for this team than you realize.

Remember what Osborn said when Frost was hired? This is a 5-7 year building process. Our team was left THAT bad after the Riley experiment. 

TL;DR: Stop bitching and moaning because we aren't undefeated and winning each game by 40 pts

Frankly, I'm tired of Riley being the scapegoat.  He went 6-7, 9-4 and 4-6.  People act like he went 0-fer three years in a row.  5 to 7 years?  Frost can't win with players other than the ones he recruits?  That's a scary thought. 

So far, this team has regressed badly from the second half of last season.  2AM needs to now be referred to as "Midnight" because he's turned into a pumpkin.  The line can't block a bit even though we've been told these guys are stronger physically.  Our receivers can't get open on their own.  Apparently route running isn't taught by this staff.  Our offense is now "get the ball to Robinson."  Not quite the offense I expected from a guy who learned from Osborne, Walsh and Kelly.  

• Thanks 1