What did we learn? (The NW edition, sponsored by the MASH 4077)

13 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Frankly, I'm tired of Riley being the scapegoat.  He went 6-7, 9-4 and 4-6.  People act like he went 0-fer three years in a row.  5 to 7 years?  Frost can't win with players other than the ones he recruits?  That's a scary thought. 

Riley sucked.

Are you really trying to spin Riley's record in a positive light?.....

Frost can win with players he didn't recruit.  He did it in a big way at UCF.  Half a dozen players that Frost didn't recruit at UCF got drafted.

Any guesses on how many Riley recruits that Frost is coaching get drafted?

• Plus1 1

9 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Riley sucked.

Frost can win with players he didn't recruit.  He did it in a big way at UCF.  Half a dozen players that Frost didn't recruit at UCF got drafted.

Gotta agree with you here for sure.  Riley was horrible.  

• Plus1 1

That preseason Kool-Aid tasted good and gave us a bit of a rush, but left us with a stomach ache and a bad taste in our mouths.

AM is not a gamer or a leader.

We miss senior leadership on offense badly.

Ozigbo

Morgan

Farmer

Foster

Vedral and Robinson are winners.

A bowl game looks possible.

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, TheSker said:

Riley sucked.

Stating what his record was isn’t spin, but what you’re doing certainly is. 

5 minutes ago, SFW said:

That preseason Kool-Aid tasted good and gave us a bit of a rush, but left us with a stomach ache and a bad taste in our mouths.

AM is not a gamer or a leader.

Ozigbo

Morgan

Farmer

Foster

Vedral and Robinson are winners.

If you think Martinez isn’t a leader and Vedral is more of a “winner” than you are freaking crazy. Vedral hit one worthwhile pass in 4 drives. It’s great that it happened, and I am super glad NU won. If Martinez is out for an extended period, the offense will not be better under Vedral. I don’t know what you saw yesterday which makes you think it would be.  

• Plus1 4
  • Fire 2
1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

If you think Martinez isn’t a leader and Vedral is more of a “winner” than you are freaking crazy. Vedral hit one worthwhile pass in 4 drives. It’s great that it happened, and I am super glad NU won. If Martinez is out for an extended period, the offense will not be better under Vedral. I don’t know what you saw yesterday which makes you think it would be.  

How do you know it won’t be better?  What did you base this off of?  Just as easy to say we just don’t know as Vederal could be average, above average, or below average only taking snaps will determine it.  From what AM has been doing,  a fresh look can’t be any worse IMO.

2 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

How do you know it won’t be better?  What did you base this off of?  Just as easy to say we just don’t know as Vederal could be average, above average, or below average only taking snaps will determine it.  From what AM has been doing,  a fresh look can’t be any worse IMO.

It didn’t look better in the 4 drives which Vedral QB’ed against Northwestern. Yeah, he had a few good runs, but he doesn’t have the same abilities as Martinez. The offense will be different under Vedral, and I don’t think it will be as good. I could be wrong, but I seem to be in the minority on this board who don’t think Martinez is the “problem” with the offense. 

• Plus1 4
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It didn’t look better in the 4 drives which Vedral QB’ed against Northwestern. Yeah, he had a few good runs, but he doesn’t have the same abilities as Martinez. The offense will be different under Vedral, and I don’t think it will be as good. I could be wrong, but I seem to be in the minority on this board who don’t think Martinez is the “problem” with the offense. 

I don’t know either, none of us know.  The very limited play book didn’t show much of anything.  I’d say, at best, it is TBD.

• Plus1 1

It is painfully obvious that hyperbole can run rampant about this football team. You can write off the coaches comparing him to other heisman candidates and media being a glorified propaganda machine, but there were other scouting reports from other teams basically saying Martinez is our guy and that if he got hurt, we’d be in trouble. 

They weren't wrong. 

We know now a few things but we don’t know a lot. We know he’s hurt but we don’t know if the northwestern game added upon stuff that he was already dealing with, because he hasn’t looked right all year. 

We know hes regressed but we we don’t know if it’s due to coaching, injury or just a natural hiccup in maturity. 

And we know we’re probably in trouble. We just don’t know how much but that game next week is on the road, at night, potentially in the snow against an undefeated team and possibly with a backup. This season just got a lot more interesting 

35 minutes ago, SFW said:

AM is struggling this year, but our offensive line is not playing well.  Vedral is doing a nice job when he gets in the game.  We are probably getting to point to where he should get a series or two in the first half, if Martinez is struggling.

Ozigbo

Morgan

Farmer

Foster

Fixed it for ya

38 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Vedral was decisive and sudden.  Looked like he was having fun.

AM is none of the above.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1