What did we learn? (The NW edition, sponsored by the MASH 4077)

8 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Again, Vedral looks decisive because they aren’t giving him reads. Frost is just calling straight runs for him. The offense will be limited if Vedral is the starting QB. 

How can you say this?  Based off ?  The only thing that will limit Vedral is the bad OL play and the bad snaps by the guy Frost says is our only option at center.

3 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

How can you say this?  Based off ?  The only thing that will limit Vedral is the bad OL play and the bad snaps by the guy Frost says is our only option at center.

So Adrian is not given the benefit of the doubt for the bad o-line play and poor snaps?  It seems like everyone wants to blame him. 

• Fire 1
Just now, 10_point_buck said:

Never said that.  I want to know how a change at QB limits the offense in any way?

There are things that Martinez can do on offense which Vedral can’t do. There is a reason Martinez is the starter. He’s a better QB. Having a QB who “isn’t as good as the starter” will limit the offense’s capabilities. 

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There are things that Martinez can do on offense which Vedral can’t do. There is a reason Martinez is the starter. He’s a better QB. Having a QB who “isn’t as good as the starter” will limit the offense’s capabilities. 

Like?  What can he do that Vedral can’t?  How do we know he isn’t as good?  I mean Frost keeps Jurgens at center, so I see he is overly loyal to guys when they are putting on a sh!t show.  AM has shown signs, mostly last year, of being special, so I give you that.  The rest.....not so much

20 hours ago, 10_point_buck said:

Why does that matter?  Do you honestly think Jurgens is a gamer at center?  How many drives did he single handedly kill today via penalty or bad snaps?  It was a lot, not acceptable 6 games in. 

Do you have any idea how long it takes to develop offensive linemen? Hint: longer than any other position on a football team.

Unfortunately, that means you're probably not gonna see much improvement from the OL by the end of this year. On the other hand, there are zero seniors on the OL 2-deep. Don't be surprised if these same players look very different by the time they're done with their careers at Nebraska.

15 hours ago, southernoregonhusker said:

Frankly, I'm tired of Riley being the scapegoat.  He went 6-7, 9-4 and 4-6.  People act like he went 0-fer three years in a row.  5 to 7 years?  Frost can't win with players other than the ones he recruits?  That's a scary thought.

You're missing something: right now, Frost doesn't really even have the luxury of playing guys other than the ones he recruited on offense. Spielman and a couple linemen, that's basically all that's left of the Riley era on offense. Frost's guys are still freshmen and sophomores! Yeah, some underclassmen can be significant contributors. But do you know what happens when 3/4 of your offense is underclassmen and transfers with just a few months in the system? You're looking at it.

17 hours ago, Jack Burton said:

We're officially a Big Ten team when we win 13-10. I wish it was 7-5 to solidify the inclusion but it works. 

We did have 6-9 last year...

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, 10_point_buck said:

Geeze you are annoying. Martinez is better than Vedral end of story. If Vedral was better he would be starting plain and simple.

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Really?  What makes you say that? Vedral had limited success before making one good pass to Wandale. 

I think vedral made the most of what he could on almost every play.  Had some nice runs and when protection broke down he threw it away when there was nothing there.  I’m not trying to bash Martinez but I feel like he’s been way too hesitant to make some of those same plays.  And maybe that’s the coaches asking too much of him, idk.  

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 2