What did we learn? (The NW edition, sponsored by the MASH 4077)

21 minutes ago, RedSavage said:

I think vedral made the most of what he could on almost every play.  Had some nice runs and when protection broke down he threw it away when there was nothing there.  I’m not trying to bash Martinez but I feel like he’s been way too hesitant to make some of those same plays.  And maybe that’s the coaches asking too much of him, idk.  

But the offense wasn’t moving with Vedral. The offense got 1 first down and had 2 three and outs, including a drive which started at midfield. Vedral made zero significant plays until hitting that pass to Wandale.  People are really searching for ways to overly give credit to Vedral and put unnecessary blame on Martinez. 

23 minutes ago, teachercd said:

The things that Vedral does better than AM

1.  Being from a small town

2.  That small town is in Nebraska

Also not a minority. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

But the offense wasn’t moving with Vedral. The offense got 1 first down and had 2 three and outs, including a drive which started at midfield. Vedral made zero significant plays until hitting that pass to Wandale.  People are really searching for ways to overly give credit to Vedral and put unnecessary blame on Martinez. 

Also not a minority. 

Then that was play calling.  Was there a single play that you think vedral didn’t play it right?  Bc again, I think he got the most out of what he could on every play.  

You also act like the offense was moving with Martinez 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

There were people who thought Andrew Bunch was way better than Vedral. So Vedral is going from #3 to being a starter because he hit one pass to set up a FG?

I was thinking about Bunch this morning.  Kind of wondered why he didn't get in there for the one play instead of McCaffrey.

He must *really* be down the list.  Just don't tell @BlitzFirst

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, RedSavage said:

Then that was play calling.  Was there a single play that you think vedral didn’t play it right?  Bc again, I think he got the most out of what he could on every play.  

Wow. You are talking about 2 totally different things. Just because Vedral did was he was supposed to doesn’t mean that Martinez would have lost the game if he had been QB. Your thoughts are pure speculation and conjecture. 

• Plus1 1
15 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

It would have been nice to see how his first drive goes if the false start doesn’t happen and pretty much crap on that drive