What did we learn? (The NW edition, sponsored by the MASH 4077)

7 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

It may turn out that Vedral flat sucks, but this 'coach knows best' crap is getting old and the idea that I want the guy to play because he's a small town Nebraska guy is exactly the opposite of what I've ever thought or said. I assume that the coach tries to play the most capable guy and doesn't play a bunch of politics to make a point, whether it's talking up his chosen starter or hamstringing the backup to make himself look smart. I get a kick out of the sage advice when 'coach knows best'  comes from a guy who coaches the middle school team and always lets you know that. Let's ask Michael Jordan.;)

The best part about this...is your name is Hayseed!  Hahaha

23 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

Unfortunately fans have seen that play out this year and have seen glimpses of 2018 AM, but mostly find a guy that looks more like a freshman this year.

Your post about Vedral not doing anything on offense pretty much mirrors what the offense was doing with AM From pretty much the 2nd quarter up until the injury.

Yes, the offense struggled a lot yesterday going into the wind, against a strong defense.  Martinez was 65% passing (with a number of drops) with no INT’s. While he didn’t get the big plays like we have seen from him, I think that is due to NW’s style of defense and Frost going a more conservative style of offense (which I thought was smart, considering NW’s offense). Crap, the team was skewered for playing loose with the ball against Illinois and giving that bad offense short fields all game. 

• Plus1 1

12 minutes ago, Mavric said:

That's his point.  A lot of people are claiming that it "looked better".  But that doesn't make it true.  And the stats really don't back it up.

And your last comment has nothing to do with the previous discussion and isn't anything he was saying.

Would you say Martinez has or has not made the most of what he’s been asked to do, and been give for majority of the season?   That’s the difference.  You can only do so much with what you’re given.  That was my  whole original point of Vedral pretty much making the most of every play.  If someone can point out specific examples of things Vedral should have done differently, I would love to hear them.  

Im not dense in the fact that I know Martinez is the better player but to me, Vedral and the offense as a whole looked better when he was in.  

15 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

You didn’t make this thread?

I did.  I thought it was an interesting historical footnote.  And I thought I'd throw in a little old school Keith Olberman for the few that might remember it and get a smile out of it.

You're inventing the part where I was trying to sell it as some sort of silver lining.

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I did.  I thought it was an interesting historical footnote.  And I thought I'd throw in a little old school Keith Olberman for the few that might remember it and get a smile out of it.

You're inventing the part where I was trying to sell it as some sort of silver lining.

You thought it was an interesting historical footnote after an utter embarrassment of a game. 

Maybe lets just agree it was incredibly convenient. And that Martinez is better than Vedral. 

19 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

yeah I don't know why to be honest.  Frost put in McCafferry and burned an entire game for 1 play when he could have put in Bunch and not burned anything

I think Frost is a moron for doing that to be honest.

I don't see how this matters at all. I like McCaffrey, but he's not the 2nd coming of Tommie Frazier. Luke didn't even play much quarterback in HS. 

He's a tough runner no matter what, a better choice over Bunch, and I don't think it'll matter if he plays in 3 more games or not.

4 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

You thought it was an interesting historical footnote after an utter embarrassment of a game. 

Maybe lets just agree it was incredibly convenient. And that Martinez is better than Vedral. 

Would you say you are often painting things as being worse than they actually are?

• Thanks 3
16 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Would you say you are often painting things as being worse than they actually are?

I suppose it all depends on your perception on how things actually are. Some would agree with me, some, including you, wouldn’t.  

Did you make a post how we weren’t shut out when Riley got obliterated by Ohio st in 2016?  It was still a neat stat. 

4 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Again, Vedral looks decisive because they aren’t giving him reads. Frost is just calling straight runs for him. The offense will be limited if Vedral is the starting QB. 

How do you know he didn’t have any reads. He probably knows Frost’s offense and the  playbook better than AM does. He shouldn’t have been simplifying it for him.