***Official QB Controversy Thread***

I'm very curious to see how Vendral does with a full week of #1 snaps and know going in that he is going to be the guy.  Vendral spins a better ball than Martinez and is much more decisive in decision making both throwing and running the ball.  Is Martinez a better athlete and have a higher ceiling yes, but as poorly as he has played what does that even matter.  

• Plus1 2

Also although I’m in favor of sticking with Vedral right now, I do get the fact that coming in as a backup and winning as a starter are two different things. Vedral has the freedom of no expectations currently. If he wins he’s the savior, if he loses well he’s only the backup. Should he get the start next week we will get a far better picture of his skill set and game management. It doesn’t appear that AM injury is serious thankfully. It would be good IMO to sit him for a week on the basis of letting him get healthy and get a true evaluation of the backup QB.

• Plus1 1
Just now, olddominionhusker said:

Whether you like it or not there is a controversy. The fans and media are the ones who decide that and they are gonna create one now regardless. 

There is a controversy with some fans, but I feel pretty confident in saying that there is no controversy for who should be the starter with the coaches if Adrian is healthy

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Whether you like it or not there is a controversy. The fans and media are the ones who decide that and they are gonna create one now regardless. 

Adrian made it easy. O-line play has been garbage, but Adrian has regressed significantly.

Adrian Martinez cant make the reads on this offense. He needs to be benched until he learns. So sick of fans and coaches drooling all over a players potential that they start them before they are ready. The same people saying Martinez should stay the starters are the exact same ones complaining about our players not being developed well enough. Hippocrates.

• Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, ndobney said:

Adrian Martinez cant make the reads on this offense. He needs to be benched until he learns. So sick of fans and coaches drooling all over a players potential that they start them before they are ready. The same people saying Martinez should stay the starters are the exact same ones complaining about our players not being developed well enough. Hippocrates.

Hippocrates

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 4
  • Fire 1
10 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

There is a controversy with some fans, but I feel pretty confident in saying that there is no controversy for who should be the starter with the coaches if Adrian is healthy

I think you are probably right. But the noise will continue and The coaches and players will hear it. We will see how well they deal with it I guess

The pass Vedral made down the right sideline is not one that Martinez is as accurate on.  It would be interesting to see what Noah can do if AM isn't ready to go next week.  It's not been obvious but I wonder if AM's knee has been bothering him and causing some hesitancy running the ball.

• Plus1 1
20 minutes ago, The Murphinator said:

Fine but dont complain our players are not being developed well enough I dont want to hear it. You get what you ask for. 

• Plus1 1
Just now, The Murphinator said:

I don't complain about our players not being developed well. The only way to get better is to go out there and play. You don't develop by sitting on the bench.

So you think our players are being developed well? Have you looked at our recruiting ranking vs Wisconsin and iowa vs the results on the field?

• Plus1 1

Dont get me wrong adrian is the qb once he learns to make the reads but hes not there yet. His missing simple reads all over the place. We have a qb that can make the reads and has more poise. Hes the starter until Martinez learns to make the simple reads it's not that hard but he needs to learn that first

• Plus1 1