***Official QB Controversy Thread***

3 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Ya Vedral's reads were spot on with those 2 yard and -4 yard drives he had. 

Really.....so, what should his read be when the center snaps the ball over his head?  Yep, that is on the QB.  AM is a basket case along with #51.  If you can’t even acknowledge that, no more to discuss.

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

Really.....so, what should his read be when the center snaps the ball over his head?  Yep, that is on the QB.  AM is a basket case along with #51.  If you can’t even acknowledge that, no more to discuss.

Bad reads are on the qb bad snaps are on the center. How can this team have accountability when to many dont even know where the accountability belong. Exactly what I've been saying. When need accountability.

Kudos to Vedral for coming in and helping win the game. That was a really nice throw to Robinson on the last drive. 

However, people crapping on Adrian for this game need to stop. I recall 3 or 4 passes in crucial positions that hit receivers in the hands and were dropped.

3 main ones come to mind: 

One by Allen that would have picked up a first down. Drive ended in punt

One by Robinson that likely would have been a TD. Resulted in missed FG attempt 

One by JD that would have been 1st down. I believe that forced a punt

My biggest critique of AM today is his hesitancy running. A couple times he could have run for the 1st but hung in the pocket. I'm sure he's trying to work from the pocket more this year, but he's gotta take off on some of those. 

Adrian is a fantastic QB, and I can't wait for our national title run his senior year :D

• Plus1 5
  • Haha 2
  • Fire 1
49 minutes ago, VizionNE said:

I think we all understand the oline is a weakness. However, watch Adrien throw a simple swing pass or screen.. if you think he is in the same ballpark as fields, then you and I are just not watching the same games. 

Accuracy matters. 

It's not A weakness, it's THE weakness. Everything flows from that. 

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 3
1 minute ago, Cdog923 said:

It's not A weakness, it's THE weakness. Everything flows from that. 

It’s something mental. Everyone from the media who watches him in practice talks about how well he throws. I do t remember these accuracy issues last year and even now he makes some great throws like the rollout off of the wrong foot today. This is a mental block of some sort. Unfortunately I don’t know how you fix that

• Plus1 2

We must have the best practice players ever at center and QB.  I mean both are off limits to discuss with the media, both can continue to make mistakes with no punishment, both are the next Outland and Heisman winners too.  I’d love to see it on Saturday.....but what we talkin bout here is practice 

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

We must have the best practice players ever at center and QB.  I mean both are off limits to discuss with the media, both can continue to make mistakes with no punishment, both are the next Outland and Heisman winners too.  I’d love to see it on Saturday.....but what we talkin bout here is practice 

The center issue is mind blowing to me. We literally have a center that can’t snap. Like make the dude stay after practice and snap it 100 times every day. He is like Shaquille O’Neill with free throws. 

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, FearAmeer said:

Don't know if this is sarcasm or not but we have been calling QB runs all the time with Martinez too but he just runs timidly. He was probably getting Vedral settled into the game a bit warming him up. As for the freshman backup thing, Vedral is a sophomore and this is his 3rd year in Frost's system

I meant the plays called for Vedral looked like something that you would call for an inexperienced rookie.

20 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

You have a lot of nerve coming here talking about hiking the ball and scoring touchdowns.

• Fire 1