***Official QB Controversy Thread***

Adrian made a few mistakes yesterday but I thought he played well overall. The rest of our offensive players dropped the ball (pun intended). The snaps that Noah didn’t catch confirm how big of an issue the snaps really are. Adrian likely would have caught those snaps (because he’s used to it) and made a play.

56 minutes ago, Salsa Red said:

It was pretty obvious that Martinez is the better QB. Congrats to Vedral for making plays in the clutch

Just from what we’ve seen I don’t know how you can establish that. 

Just like those of us who have wanted for Vedral to get a series or two (but not because of an AM injury), he was (and really still is) an unknown commodity. We really don’t know which is the better QB, we just have to go with what the coaches decide. 

But nothing was obvious. 

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
2 minutes ago, 3rd and long said:

Just from what we’ve seen I don’t know how you can establish that. 

Just like those of us who have wanted for Vedral to get a series or two (but not because of an AM injury), he was (and really still is) an unknown commodity. We really don’t know which is the better QB, we just have to go with what the coaches decide. 

But nothing was obvious. 

He's an unknown quantity to the fans. This is his 3rd year under Frost and he watches both players all week and offseason in practice. I think the coaches probably have a pretty feel for who should be the starter. 

The problem with AM this year is his "get it vs make it" mindset is off. Meaning, he is overly concerned about making a play that he doesnt go and get what is there. Example:yesterday it was a 3rd and 4 (I think), he gets out of a little pressure and rolls right..there is a clear swath of land for him to run and get the 1st plus additional yardage, yet he floats looking for targets downfield and ultimately ends up throwing an incompletion.

Last year he would go out and get what was there which ultimately allowed him to make more opportunities as defenses had to step up and get him when he rolled out. Now he is so focused on making a play that he is not getting what is there.

• Plus1 3
  • Fire 1

5 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

He's an unknown quantity to the fans. This is his 3rd year under Frost and he watches both players all week and offseason in practice. I think the coaches probably have a pretty feel for who should be the starter. 

That’s essential what I said. Vedral is still unknown and we have to go with who the coaches believe is best (even if some may disagree). 

But with one one of the two in fact being an unknown then there is no way to say it’s obvious (to a fan who has not in fact seen Vedral) who is better.  And if he’s basing it off Vedral’s limited action yesterday it’s even more incorrect. Because neither was “obviously”better or worse than the other. 

• Fire 1