***Official QB Controversy Thread***

At this point in the season, the coaches need to find out if there is an alternative to the mediocre QB performance we've seen so far.    Since we're hearing the top 3 QB's are all capable - - isn't it worth the long term benefit to try both Vedral and McCaffrey over the next couple of games (and let Martinez fully recover).  

Frost needs the "quick blinker" to be the starter - - the one that can actually execute the game plan.

I know people don’t necessarily want to hear this, but a good outing from Vedral and I think Frost and co has to give it some thought. AM is the more talented QB for sure, but sometimes the more talented guy, isn't the guy that gives you the best shot at winning. Martinez leads the conf in turnovers at this time, his passer rating is average at best and he hasn’t been a game changer in the running game. If Vedral can prove to run the offense efficiency this week, proves to be an asset in the running game, and shows he can protect the football - I hate to say it but that’s the guy who gives you the best chance of winning. 

Disclaimer: this is all assuming we see the above from Vedral this week, I’m not saying I think Vedral is a better option until I see him lead the offense for a entire game. 

45 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I know people don’t necessarily want to hear this, but a good outing from Vedral and I think Frost and co has to give it some thought. AM is the more talented QB for sure, but sometimes the more talented guy, isn't the guy that gives you the best shot at winning. Martinez leads the conf in turnovers at this time, his passer rating is average at best and he hasn’t been a game changer in the running game. If Vedral can prove to run the offense efficiency this week, proves to be an asset in the running game, and shows he can protect the football - I hate to say it but that’s the guy who gives you the best chance of winning. 

Disclaimer: this is all assuming we see the above from Vedral this week, I’m not saying I think Vedral is a better option until I see him lead the offense for a entire game. 

I know his running hasn't always looked as good this year, but he's the leading rusher on the team, leading QB rusher in the B1G and 8th in the B1G for rushing yards out of all players. That's game changing regardless of what the eye test tells you. The only QBs ahead of him for average yards are Fields and Clifford.

The fact that our QB is the 8th leading rusher in the B1G actually tells you there is probably issues beyond his play that he's having to run so much.

• Plus1 4

Honestly, I'm a lot more concerned about the health of JD, Kade and Mo.  If the weather is as advertised, I'm thinking running effectively will be the game changer.  No JD makes a passing game pretty one dimensional and limits Wan'dales touches from the backfield.  I like Kade in the cold crappy weather as a sure handed receiver.  He's been missed IMO.  A healthy Mo is a nightmare for DC's...

Back to the OP, I think that Noah can run this O very well.  He does appear to like to run a lot more than AM did.  This could be by design or by decision.

10 minutes ago, Mavric said:

More Controversy!!!  :ahhhhhhhh

He loves road games!

On 10/9/2019 at 7:16 PM, Hayseed said:

From the practice report it sounds like both Martinez and Spielman will be ready to go. They’ll be able to perform their normal duties, but the question still remains.... with their nagging injuries, will they be able to dunk?

Will they be able to get up the necessary 10-11 feet?

I say the coach should hold them out until they’re able to do what’s expected of them.

Yep,  if Martinez is at say 80% go,  I would start Vedral,  perfect opportunity to see what he can do.

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I know his running hasn't always looked as good this year, but he's the leading rusher on the team, leading QB rusher in the B1G and 8th in the B1G for rushing yards out of all players. That's game changing regardless of what the eye test tells you. The only QBs ahead of him for average yards are Fields and Clifford.

The fact that our QB is the 8th leading rusher in the B1G actually tells you there is probably issues beyond his play that he's having to run so much.

Holy crap, I didn’t even look that up and relied on my eyes. His fumble numbers make more sense after I look at how many carries he’s had. Honestly, if he would protect the football better, it would be a no brainer for me. Like the game plan last week - let’s protect the football, let’s get Mo/JD/ Wandale the ball in space. Let’s try to eat up yards in QB run game - the QB that can do those 3 things the best will give us the best shot to win.