***Official QB Controversy Thread***

59 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Holy crap, I didn’t even look that up and relied on my eyes. His fumble numbers make more sense after I look at how many carries he’s had. Honestly, if he would protect the football better, it would be a no brainer for me. Like the game plan last week - let’s protect the football, let’s get Mo/JD/ Wandale the ball in space. Let’s try to eat up yards in QB run game - the QB that can do those 3 things the best will give us the best shot to win. 

Ya I think a lot of people are just relying on their eyes to judge AM this year. Now it hasn't been as pretty or as good as last year, but it's no where as bad as people want to make it seem. I do agree he needs to clean up the fumbles though because those negatively impact the game badly.

• Plus1 1

9 hours ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

I know people don’t necessarily want to hear this, but a good outing from Vedral and I think Frost and co has to give it some thought. AM is the more talented QB for sure, but sometimes the more talented guy, isn't the guy that gives you the best shot at winning. Martinez leads the conf in turnovers at this time, his passer rating is average at best and he hasn’t been a game changer in the running game. If Vedral can prove to run the offense efficiency this week, proves to be an asset in the running game, and shows he can protect the football - I hate to say it but that’s the guy who gives you the best chance of winning. 

Disclaimer: this is all assuming we see the above from Vedral this week, I’m not saying I think Vedral is a better option until I see him lead the offense for a entire game. 

Im all in until the other two prove me wrong.

My hope is Vedral plays the whole game, does well, then when Martinez comes back from injury something has clicked for him (like not taking the starting job for granted?) and he plays like last season. He spent all of last spring/summer/fall camp fighting for the starting job. Maybe that was part of what made him so good.

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

My hope is Vedral plays the whole game, does well, then when Martinez comes back from injury something has clicked for him (like not taking the starting job for granted?) and he plays like last season. He spent all of last spring/summer/fall camp fighting for the starting job. Maybe that was part of what made him so good.

Similar. I hope they run less offense which makes Vedral's reads easier. Then they realize Martinez could use the same simplified but still robust offense to succeed. Also hope the snaps are in the same area code.

• 2 weeks later...