***Official QB Controversy Thread***

5 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I agree that we need to be good at them, but we can't even block a screen properly. My point is that a defensive lineman is standing next to our RB on those screens forcing bad or less than ideal throws most of the time that I've seen.

Our OL needs to make the DL at least think they’re trying to block them. At least bump them on occasion. Our screens don’t look anything remotely close to a well run one. The DL is usually on our QB before he even gets a chance to throw it. 

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, 3rd and long said:

Our OL needs to make the DL at least think they’re trying to block them. At least bump them on occasion. Our screens don’t look anything remotely close to a well run one. The DL is usually on our QB before he even gets a chance to throw it. 

Absolutely agree! 

7 hours ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I agree that we need to be good at them, but we can't even block a screen properly. My point is that a defensive lineman is standing next to our RB on those screens forcing bad or less than ideal throws most of the time that I've seen.

Timing is everything with the screens. Everyone has to work together: oline, RB, and QB. Luke threw one of the best screen passes I have seen at Nebraska for a while. 

4 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I guess I don't understand all the secrecy concerning Martinez' playing status. In every video a reporter asks about him and Frost just blows it off. 
Doesn't seem to affect the opponent much whether he's starting or not.

At least when he was asked how he looked this week it was he has dark hair and about 225......I’m guessing he’s tired of being asked. Something he said he wouldn’t address since he’s been here.  I’m sure the season not going as he had hoped,team issues etc is wearing on him.  Kudos he still trots out and speaks every week.

8 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

I guess I don't understand all the secrecy concerning Martinez' playing status. In every video a reporter asks about him and Frost just blows it off. 
Doesn't seem to affect the opponent much whether he's starting or not.

All 3 of our quarterbacks are pretty similar to prepare for i would imagine.  You have to be more concerned with the run than the pass.  But we need every lil advantage we may get so im all for the secrecy.

10 hours ago, lo country said:

At least when he was asked how he looked this week it was he has dark hair and about 225......I’m guessing he’s tired of being asked. Something he said he wouldn’t address since he’s been here.  I’m sure the season not going as he had hoped,team issues etc is wearing on him.  Kudos he still trots out and speaks every week.

He gets paid pretty damn nicely to trot out and speak every week.  That is his job and why he gets paid to do it.  I am sure there are many of us that have aspects of their jobs which they don't really care to do, but have to do them.  Same with Scotty Frosty, can't have it be all unicorns and flowers.  The whole Bill Snyder/Bill Belicheck thing gets old on who may or may not play.  Hell, even at the stadium last week Adrian Martinez was named the starter on the video board prior to kick off......who is he foolin?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
3 minutes ago, 10_point_buck said:

He gets paid pretty damn nicely to trot out and speak every week.  That is his job and why he gets paid to do it.  I am sure there are many of us that have aspects of their jobs which they don't really care to do, but have to do them.  Same with Scotty Frosty, can't have it be all unicorns and flowers.  The whole Bill Snyder/Bill Belicheck thing gets old on who may or may not play.  Hell, even at the stadium last week Adrian Martinez was named the starter on the video board prior to kick off......who is he foolin?

I could be wrong, but I think we're paying him to coach. I think the number of required media sessions is a little absurd - I like the info as much as the next guy, but let's not pretend that's what we're paying him for. It is an obligation that comes with the job, but if the real job is going well I don't care if he just stands there and says "no comment" to every single question.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Frost needs to realize his love affair with Adrian Martinez is costing his team points and games.  For whatever reason Martinez does not have game this year, and continuing to rely on him is going to cost more points and games.  Vedral looks the best in Frosts system, and even McCaffrey has looked better in the few minutes he has gotten playing time.  I would say Martinez is 3rd on the depth chart based upon the on-field performance this season.

4 hours ago, HuskerNation1 said:

Frost needs to realize his love affair with Adrian Martinez is costing his team points and games.  For whatever reason Martinez does not have game this year, and continuing to rely on him is going to cost more points and games.  Vedral looks the best in Frosts system, and even McCaffrey has looked better in the few minutes he has gotten playing time.  I would say Martinez is 3rd on the depth chart based upon the on-field performance this season.

I hear you however are they healthy?