Northwestern Post-Game Pressers

Mavric

17 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Fitzgerald was complaining about PI on Jackson's INT and how he would like to challenge it.  Pretty great coming from a guy who absolutely hates technology 

Screenshot_20191005-201729_Twitter.jpg

I know the announcers were saying PI too, but I thought it was within 5 yards on the LOS. So can't you hit a WR there? 

21 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

Fitzgerald was complaining about PI on Jackson's INT and how he would like to challenge it.  Pretty great coming from a guy who absolutely hates technology 

Football would be hell on earth to watch if penalties could be reviewed, unless they only allowed 1 per coach per game... but even then it would probably still suck because we already have too many reviews. I kinda wish it wasn't possible to review a pass for 2 yards unless it was on 3rd down and it would've been a 1st down.

And hyperfocusing on things like this is silly (I suppose that's easier to say when we win). But it would be easy to find fouls by NW that weren't called.

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

Football would be hell on earth to watch if penalties could be reviewed, unless they only allowed 1 per coach per game... but even then it would probably still suck because we already have too many reviews. I kinda wish it wasn't possible to review a pass for 2 yards unless it was on 3rd down and it would've been a 1st down.

And hyperfocusing on things like this is silly (I suppose that's easier to say when we win). But it would be easy to find fouls by NW that weren't called.

Yeah I already detest the auto review in CFB. I would like to see them go more to the NFL model of challenge flags sans the PI challenges. God some of these games bog down over incessant meaningless reviews

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

51 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

What’s good for the goose...

It would be great if we could review the PI call that gave them the ball at the 2, or the “horsecollar” tackle. How about the “false start” when a NW player was in the neutral zone?

The Wildcats were the beneficiaries of some... interesting penalties. I guess this one is Karma?

• Plus1 4
  • Haha 1

55 minutes ago, Bigred_inSD said:

And i wish we could throw a red flag on the "horsecollar" by Domann, or the "interference" on Cam Taylor-Britt in the OSU game. Or the uncalled PI on Wisconsin in 2016. Life's a b#tch Pat

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Branno said:

It would be great if we could review the PI call that gave them the ball at the 2, or the “horsecollar” tackle. How about the “false start” when a NW player was in the neutral zone?

The Wildcats were the beneficiaries of some... interesting penalties. I guess this one is Karma?

Or the (non) holding against Mo Barry.

Or .......

• Plus1 5

6 minutes ago, Branno said:

The PI call against us was correct. And the interception play was probably one of the biggest missed calls I’ve seen. That being said...glad we won. 

9 minutes ago, Branno said:

I was thinking the same thing. Refs weren't great on both sides.