ILB Devon Jackson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

32 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jackson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, In the Deed the Glory said:

Nebraska has almost zero chance here. He is an OLB. He was told we want him to play ILB or bulk up to DE, that eliminated Huskers. We won’t make his top 4. 

DE? You have absolutely zero idea what you’re talking about. In it system he’s either a MLB or a field OLB. Do you think he compares to Weaver or Buckey , who we just signed for DE? They’re 6-7 and 6-8 respectively. 

Just now, Huskadeez said:

DE? You have absolutely zero idea what you’re talking about. In our system he’s either a MLB or a field OLB. Do you think he compares to Weaver or Buckey , who we just signed for DE? They’re 6-7 and 6-8 respectively. 

6 hours ago, Huskadeez said:

DE? You have absolutely zero idea what you’re talking about. In it system he’s either a MLB or a field OLB. Do you think he compares to Weaver or Buckey , who we just signed for DE? They’re 6-7 and 6-8 respectively. 

I just hope those 2 can play. I dont want slow guys on the field just because they are 6-7. If Jackson will make more plays I would rather have him. 

8 hours ago, uberism said:

I think some need a better understanding of what fits in this defense regardless of being emotional about where a kid lives. 

I’m merely stating that he’s looking to play outside. Rather than in the state. If either of these guys don’t fit our defense, then are we recruiting them only because they live in Nebraska? Or is it because they have talent that we want?

Just now, GlobalHusker said:

I’m merely stating that he’s looking to play outside. Rather than in the state. If either of these guys don’t fit our defense, then are we recruiting them only because they live in Nebraska? Or is it because they have talent that we want?

Fitting what we do and fitting what they want to do don't have to be the same thing.

4 hours ago, GlobalHusker said:

Ah, ok. That makes sense...not fitting the culture. So then it would be same to assume then we would be recruiting him hard because he’s a Nebraska guy and we still want to keep the in-state talent, in state.

No, it doesn't have to have anything to do with culture.  We might see him as an inside linebacker.  He might rather play outside linebacker.  We can still be recruiting him because he would help us but he might not want to help us at the position we think he fits best.

19 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I just hope those 2 can play. I dont want slow guys on the field just because they are 6-7. If Jackson will make more plays I would rather have him. 

That’s not how DE in a 3-4 works. They’re out there to mostly eat up blocks and have the LB’s clean up. The longer wingspan helps fill the gaps better 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mavric changed the title to ILB Devon Jackson [Oregon - Signed LOI]