ILB Devon Jackson [Oregon - Signed LOI]

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

32 members have voted

1. 1. To which school will Jackson commit?

This poll is closed to new votes

2 hours ago, Decked said:

Top 5 coming soon. I wouldn’t be shocked at all if we didn’t make it. 

If we don't at least make the top 5 that is just not right. Whether or not he comes here is one thing. If he doesn't at least list us that is a major problem with his talent. We need OLBs bad and to not even make top 5 of an instate player at a position of need would be devastating. 

We will see when it comes out. 

35 minutes ago, HuskermanMike said:

If we don't at least make the top 5 that is just not right. Whether or not he comes here is one thing. If he doesn't at least list us that is a major problem with his talent. We need OLBs bad and to not even make top 5 of an instate player at a position of need would be devastating. 

We will see when it comes out. 

Woods is also coming out with a top 5. Think we are on that one. 

2 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm not saying that this is the only reason but the story is Woods and Jackson hate cold weather and might not have any B1G teams in their upcoming Top 5s.

Hopefully they buy the "you don't get to pick where you play in the NFL, get used to the cold weather argument" then but honestly I wouldn't. I'd rather "get used to it" at 21-22 getting paid instead of at 18, might as well enjoy a couple years of warm weather games. But yeah, also probably not the only reason. Factoring a potential NFL future into your college choice is smart, but I've never really bought that the weather you practice/play in during college makes a big difference. 

1 hour ago, Husker in WI said:

Hopefully they buy the "you don't get to pick where you play in the NFL, get used to the cold weather argument" then but honestly I wouldn't. I'd rather "get used to it" at 21-22 getting paid instead of at 18, might as well enjoy a couple years of warm weather games. But yeah, also probably not the only reason. Factoring a potential NFL future into your college choice is smart, but I've never really bought that the weather you practice/play in during college makes a big difference. 

Another side of the weather issue that never gets brought up is if you think it's hot sometimes in early September playing in Lincoln, try early September in a lot of the SEC country.

The vast majority of games in Lincoln are not in very cold weather.

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

A Top 25 national player, from our own state, at our #1 position of need, and we can't land him. Sad.

Who has minimal mutual interest in us from the start. Omaha kids do not care about Nebraska football. Due to a lot of factors..

2 hours ago, Decked said:

Who has minimal mutual interest in us from the start. Omaha kids do not care about Nebraska football. Due to a lot of factors..

We all want to win the local recruits !  But, we also need to remember that these kids have not seen a winner in Lincoln in their lifetime.  Furthermore, they hear all of the negative rhetoric from everyone. In this time, unless a kid grew up in a Husker loving family, they really have no strong ties.  It comes down to winning.  It also comes down to kids who want to play for Nebraska, regardless of their home address.

22 hours ago, Huskers93-97 said:

I get it. But I think most fans hoped going into year 4 of the Frost era we would be getting these kids. Losing makes these things tough 

Frost has done very good with instate or close proximity kids since he's been here.  For some reason, a few top recruits that fall into that category next year aren't interested and never have been.  So, I would prefer to look at the recruits Frost has brought in locally over his tenure here and not concentrate on a few in a given year.  That trend is positive and better than his predecessors.  

• Plus1 7
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

Frost has done very good with instate or close proximity kids since he's been here.  For some reason, a few top recruits that fall into that category next year aren't interested and never have been.  So, I would prefer to look at the recruits Frost has brought in locally over his tenure here and not concentrate on a few in a given year.  That trend is positive and better than his predecessors.  

He has had a decent track record up to this point but 2022 has 5 legit D1 prospects in this state and there is a very good chance that we only get 1 (Hausmann) of them and that is still up in the air.   

Frost needs to start winning or more in-state kids will be looking to go else where.  That is one of the reasons why the current kids arent very interested. 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
13 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

I agree he has done good the last few years. Minus Dickerson. But we struggle as it is to get 4 stars players then actually keep them. I see most local kids being more loyal. So I hope to load up on the local talent to have kids we can count on 

• Mavric changed the title to ILB Devon Jackson [Oregon - Signed LOI]