John o Neil

I would submit that the timing of the play could be construed as we intercepted the ball, and right at that moment, (or slightly before), our player was blocking for Jackson. It was a bang-bang play, and though absolutely pass-interference, but still somewhat of a judgment call.

56 minutes ago, broganreynik said:

That only applies before the ball is in the air... in the NFL. The five yard rule doesn’t exist in college football.

By either set of rules, it was pass interference.

I didn’t see the PI on the Jackson pick, but did see a blatant hold. Our defender had hosmare outstretched holding onto a receiver’s jersey. It was bad. 

Big 10 officials are just plain bad. Watch them do a bowl game where sometime, it’s always ugly. 

At at least the poor call at the end of the game went our way this time. 

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

The second NW drive on a third down, their left tackle got about a half second start on the play. Announcers laughing how in the world that was missed.

Everyone in a few rows of us saw that. Tons of hands flew up in the air.

10 minutes ago, PaulCrewe said:

and this supposedly was the top crew the conference has going into the game

Yikes. But I don't doubt it.

For a conference that nets the kind of cash the Big Ten pulls in, you'd think they could afford to employ full-time dedicated refs. It's a disservice to every team in this league that they don't.

Mo Barry was held blatantly on one play, and blocked in the back on another, and both happened within a few yards of the ball carrier. There were holds on our D Line all game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frost doesn't send video of Vedral's helmet getting knocked off. NW dude led with his forearm and purposefully hit Vedral in the head.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, knapplc said:

Everyone in a few rows of us saw that. Tons of hands flew up in the air.

Yikes. But I don't doubt it.

For a conference that nets the kind of cash the Big Ten pulls in, you'd think they could afford to employ full-time dedicated refs. It's a disservice to every team in this league that they don't.

Mo Barry was held blatantly on one play, and blocked in the back on another, and both happened within a few yards of the ball carrier. There were holds on our D Line all game.

I wouldn't be surprised if Frost doesn't send video of Vedral's helmet getting knocked off. NW dude led with his forearm and purposefully hit Vedral in the head.

Also the False Start on the Punt that was clearly induced by the NW defender jumping into the neutral zone.

• Plus1 3
14 hours ago, knapplc said:

Big Ten refs are comically bad, but the hot takes defending them are so much worse.

I don't see any hot takes defending them, just counters to any claim or hint of a conspiracy against us. 

They're hot garbage but we ended up benefitting from that hot garbage too.

• Plus1 2
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Jeremy said:

I would submit that the timing of the play could be construed as we intercepted the ball, and right at that moment, (or slightly before), our player was blocking for Jackson. It was a bang-bang play, and though absolutely pass-interference, but still somewhat of a judgment call.

No. Not even close 

• Plus1 1