Steven M. Sipple: Spare me the 'It's just Northwestern' talk

3 hours ago, hskrfan4life said:

Beat Minny, then OOOOOHHHH BOY I'm excited!

MN is an important game for bowl eligibility.  A win makes it possible to get bowl eligible since we should be able to win one more against Indiana or Purdue.  A loss would require us to beat both which would be difficult.  The next 3 games are important.

If MN is our last win then at least we improved from 4-8.  If we lose to MN we can still get another win against Indiana or Purdue and also improve.  Win or lose to MN, we can still improve from last season.

39 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

MN is an important game for bowl eligibility.  A win makes it possible to get bowl eligible since we should be able to win one more against Indiana or Purdue.  A loss would require us to beat both which would be difficult.  The next 3 games are important.

If MN is our last win then at least we improved from 4-8.  If we lose to MN we can still get another win against Indiana or Purdue and also improve.  Win or lose to MN, we can still improve from last season.

Image result for zach g numbers

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fire 1

On 10/6/2019 at 3:06 PM, CapoValley said:

Mike Riley was by no means a success here, but I guess I’d like you to tell me why he’s behind the two biggest problems on this team, Adrian Martinez, his regression and the errant snaps. 

We should have an upperclassman playing at every position on the line so that takes care of the high snaps and if you don't think that AM regression has to do with a line that has been mostly dominated through 6 games then i don't know what to tell you.

• Thanks 1
  • Fire 1
20 hours ago, Landlord said:

Other than the most important stat for judging coaches by? Haha. That's a pretty big one don't ya think? 

I was mainly thinking about how Riley went to and won a bowl game, had a huge win over a top 10 opponent, and at this point in season 2 was undefeated and ranked #10. 

I'm also not making an actual point about Riley or anything - just remarking on how expectations and results and stuff are weird and hard to predict and very subjective. 

End product of:

BP > MR

16 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

We should have an upperclassman playing at every position on the line so that takes care of the high snaps and if you don't think that AM regression has to do with a line that has been mostly dominated through 6 games then i don't know what to tell you.

With the exception of our center, which I agree shouldn’t see the field. Our starting line has people in the program for three years 

1 minute ago, CapoValley said:

With the exception of our center, which I agree shouldn’t see the field. Our starting line has people in the program for three years 

I hear you - most solid programs have 4 or 5 starters and 3+ 2nd string that are Jr/Sr - NU has zero starters that are SR and possibly 0 2nd stringers. 

That doesn't work in the BIG - MR is to blame and SF is fixing it but we are 2 years away from being close in the trenches

13 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

I hear you - most solid programs have 4 or 5 starters and 3+ 2nd string that are Jr/Sr - NU has zero starters that are SR and possibly 0 2nd stringers. 

That doesn't work in the BIG - MR is to blame and SF is fixing it but we are 2 years away from being close in the trenches

If that’s true, fine but the hubris coming from the staff about how jurgens is the next rimington needs to be turned down by at least half. 

1 minute ago, CapoValley said:

If that’s true, fine but the hubris coming from the staff about how jurgens is the next rimington needs to be turned down by at least half. 

Unless you have a tape from several weeks ago - i doubt it has been heard recently

The kid also has 3 more years to become a finished product

Just now, GBRFAN said:

Unless you have a tape from several weeks ago - i doubt it has been heard recently

Frost did say the snaps have gotten "progressively better" just today, go doesn't seem entirely true. I have not looked at the exact numbers, but there has been a step back the past couple weeks after a decent stretch. 

Just now, Husker in WI said:

Frost did say the snaps have gotten "progressively better" just today, go doesn't seem entirely true. I have not looked at the exact numbers, but there has been a step back the past couple weeks after a decent stretch. 

I hear you

however, if you want to look at it as more of a trend - both peaks an valleys (6 game chart - it has improved by the slimmest of margins