Steven M. Sipple: Spare me the 'It's just Northwestern' talk

11 minutes ago, TheSker said:

I'm not concerned about Martinez alleged "regression".  Frost's track record in developing quarterbacks speaks for itself.

Alleged. 

Does this mean you think he’s improved?  Stayed the same?  Gotten worse but it’s Mike Riley’s fault?  Just trying to get a snapshot on how you feel this is all going. 

10 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Alleged. 

Does this mean you think he’s improved?  Stayed the same?  Gotten worse but it’s Mike Riley’s fault?  Just trying to get a snapshot on how you feel this is all going. 

Riley’s poor 2017 recruiting class isn’t helping Adrian much in terms of solid o-line play and skill players. 

• Plus1 6
29 minutes ago, CapoValley said:

Alleged. 

Cant determine if hes "regressed" as your side always says due to the O-Line. 

2 hours ago, CapoValley said:

Mike Riley was by no means a success here, but I guess I’d like you to tell me why he’s behind the two biggest problems on this team, Adrian Martinez, his regression and the errant snaps. 

Well not recruiting a Center that could play and allow Jurgens to develop would be a start. Not recruiting WRs and and online in general lead to both issues as well. I mean I guess frost could also start one of Riley's recruits at QB over Martinez. 

• Plus1 4
1 minute ago, PasstheDamnBallGuy said:

Well not recruiting a Center that could play and allow Jurgens to develop would be a start. Not recruiting WRs and and online in general lead to both issues as well. I mean I guess frost could also start one of Riley's recruits at QB over Martinez. 

That would have required Riley to recruit a non-statue at QB. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, CapoValley said:

Alleged. 

I think Martinez is literally the least of our worries offensively.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TheSker said:

Mike Riley was a godawful recruiter, coach and leader of the Husker football program.

You're right, and the crazy frustrating and confusing part is that through 1.5 seasons at Nebraska, he's thus far outperformed Frost in pretty much everything except recruiting. 

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Landlord said:

You're right, and the crazy frustrating and confusing part is that through 1.5 seasons at Nebraska, he's thus far outperformed Frost in pretty much everything except recruiting. 

That's only accurate if you assume both started on the same footing.

• Plus1 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Fire 1
2 hours ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Vedral’s 3 and outs were way better than Martinez’s. 

“What is perception bias, Alex”. 

It was mostly in jest, but damn I loved Vedrals ability to commit to a play one way nor the other.  Little to no hesitation whether they went down the field or went 3 and out.  I hate to be that guy but I'd like to see Vedral next game.