Steven M. Sipple: Spare me the 'It's just Northwestern' talk

14 hours ago, Moiraine said:

I'm starting to think Foster and Farmer are the biggest losses from last season. Farmer was able to play Center when we needed him to.

Those guys had a lot of experience for sure. And they were solid. Our guys now just need more time to develop and gain experience. They're learning to win. They're only going to get better.

1 hour ago, Landlord said:

You're right, and the crazy frustrating and confusing part is that through 1.5 seasons at Nebraska, he's thus far outperformed Frost in pretty much everything except recruiting. 

Our offense is scoring more and defense is giving up less points. Another thread stated we are like +9 on offense and +17 on defense since Frost and Co arrived. 

There is definitely progress. That is undeniable.

There is also a learning and growing curve for everyone, including Frost and Co. It’s hard to win games....period. But we won. I was at the game and during the entire fight, I thought we would win. We found a way, and we should take it! I’m really happy with where we are and can’t wait for the next game and the next seasons. 

• Plus1 2

You're right, and the crazy frustrating and confusing part is that through 1.5 seasons at Nebraska, he's thus far outperformed Frost in pretty much everything except recruiting. 

Other than W-L record through 1.5 seasons, please enlighten with your other metrics referred to.

Good.luck.

• Fire 1

As others have asked, I too would be curious as to how Mike Riley has outperformed Frost aside from W-L's.  

Good luck. 

• Plus1 2

We are at the beginning stages for a major rebuild. Yes unfortunately still beginning stages. But any win is a win, doesn’t matter how ugly.

right now Nebraska is 4-2, Nebraska has only won 4 games total in each of the last two years. Believe it or not having 4 wins in early October is a good thing for this rebuilding program. Just need to get bowl eligible so we can get those few extra weeks of practice and an additional game.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1
54 minutes ago, TheSker said:

Other than W-L record through 1.5 seasons, please enlighten with your other metrics referred to.

Good.luck.

Other than the most important stat for judging coaches by? Haha. That's a pretty big one don't ya think? 

I was mainly thinking about how Riley went to and won a bowl game, had a huge win over a top 10 opponent, and at this point in season 2 was undefeated and ranked #10. 

I'm also not making an actual point about Riley or anything - just remarking on how expectations and results and stuff are weird and hard to predict and very subjective. 

• Plus1 2

1 hour ago, BoNeyard said:

We are at the beginning stages for a major rebuild. Yes unfortunately still beginning stages. But any win is a win, doesn’t matter how ugly.

right now Nebraska is 4-2, Nebraska has only won 4 games total in each of the last two years. Believe it or not having 4 wins in early October is a good thing for this rebuilding program. Just need to get bowl eligible so we can get those few extra weeks of practice and an additional game.

This is so important especially for a team as young as Nebraska. It's almost like having an additional spring practices.

• Fire 1

So assume we beat Wisconsin and Iowa like this (13-10)? Do people b!tch about those wins to? My answer is yes.

And before anyone comes after me for saying we aren't b!tching we are judging, then that's fine. I understand this season hasn't gone how we thought it has, but let's take it one game at a time, and our bye weeks couldn't of come at a better time.

Beat Minny, then OOOOOHHHH BOY I'm excited!