What They Said About Nebraska

Here’s some comments that America heard from the broadcasters about Nebraska during the national TV coverage broadcast of the Northwestern game:

“From the Heartland of America”...“From the Land of Corn”...

“Lincoln. It’s something special, isn’t it?”...“Took a walk around the campus. It’s magnificent”...

“This Nebraska team is just an inch away from being...better”...

“I think Scott Frost thinks he’s the modern day version of Tom Osborne”...“Scott Frost is the right man to turn this thing around”...

“This game today is the most important to his (Frost) program.”

And here are the most poetic comments:

“When the leaves begin to turn, the Boys become Men in the Heartland of America”...

and then, the game winner:

“The Limbo Field Goal! How LOW can you GO!”

2 hours ago, Roundball Shaman said:

Here’s some comments that America heard from the broadcasters about Nebraska during the national TV coverage broadcast of the Northwestern game:

“Lincoln. It’s something special, isn’t it?”...“Took a walk around the campus. It’s magnificent”...

“I think Scott Frost thinks he’s the modern day version of Tom Osborne”...“Scott Frost is the right man to turn this thing around”...

“When the leaves begin to turn, the Boys become Men in the Heartland of America”...

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c8979fdc485ac144aa7a59

2 hours ago, broganreynik said:

I’m pretty sure Tim Brando said he thought Frost is the modern TO, not that Frost thinks he is.

I believe Tim Brando earlier in the year said Scott Frost was the best hire since Nick Saban.  Might be a little bit of hyperbole in there and too early to say for some, however I think Mr. Brando always enjoys his time in Lincoln and has fond memories of calling games in Memorial Stadium.

• 2 years later...
On 10/6/2019 at 1:16 PM, Roundball Shaman said:

I live elsewhere I don't usually catch Huskers games but I was watching this one and the absurd "boys become men" comment is burned into my memory. As such, here I am googling it two years later and very glad someone else caught it lol lol

Interesting ‘rollin’ that you remembered this after all this time.

Sometimes it’s useful to consider what outsiders say about you. That doesn’t mean what they say is true or that you should believe any of it – just listen and consider a point of view from outside the bubble as was said in those words back then.

Let’s look again at these comments:

(Yes, it still it that.)

(Yes, it still is that.)

“This Nebraska team is just an inch away from being...better”...

(That’s been the problem. Two years ago... ‘just an inch away’. Some still think it’s that close now. Others see not an inch here but a mile).

“I think Scott Frost thinks he’s the modern day version of Tom Osborne”...“Scott Frost is the right man to turn this thing around”...

(The first part might still be the case – remember this is about what Frost thinks. And Husker Nation still wonders about the second part.)

(This turned out to be a big NO for that game back then. But today, the most important game now for Frost is always his NEXT one.)

“When the leaves begin to turn, the Boys become Men in the Heartland of America”...

(The leaves still turn... Boys still become Men in the Heartland... and dead threads can magically come back to life in the magical days before Halloween.)