8-4

30 minutes ago, ZMagers22 said:

Maybe the most important thing over the last 12 game stretch is that this team is 11 points from being 11-1:

OSU - 5

Iowa - 3

The team out west - 3

We’re 3 points from being 5-1 this year. Here’s my prediction going forward:

Minnesota:  NEB 49 Minnesota 38.

Minn has barely won most of the games they’ve played. They are the only team in B1G with an easier schedule than the Huskers. Huskers will have 2 turnovers and that will be the only reason this is close.

Indiana: NEB 35 Indiana 31

A healthier Huskers team after a bye week will come in to challenge an improved IU team from last season. It will be close, with both teams having a chance to win at the end of the game. The rest week for NEB will be the difference.

Purdue: NEB 52 Purdue 31

Purdue is beat up and they have 3 more games before they play the Huskers. Two of those games will be barn burners. They’re going to be tired. 

Wisconsin: NEB 28 Wisconsin 24

Wisconsin plays 4 games, with only Illinois being a lock for a win. They play Mich St, OSU and Iowa. They will be beat up and exhausted. They will also lose two of those 4 games. This battle will be hyped as the battle for potential B1G west champion. Blood will be in the water. A well rested NEB (after another bye week) gets the win.

Maryland: NEB 35 Maryland 34

This is the game that worries me most. Maryland will be coming off back to back losses to Mich and OSU, but they’ll be rested after their bye week. This is a “Trap” game.

Iowa:  NEB 42 Iowa 17

As it should be, to win the west at home by crushing the throats of the most overrated team in all of college football. 

B1G Championship game: OSU 35 NEB 21

We’re not there yet, but we keep this one closer than the first one.

Bowl Game W and Huskers finish 11-3. God help us all

Looks like someone spiked your koolaid 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Atbone95 said:

A 49-38 win in the snow sounds... unlikely, but I feel it. Should be a good Saturday. 

Hadn't looked at the forecast, I think that actually helps us. They're a good running team, but not a great one - I think their best chance would be their receivers going off on us, and that's less likely in the sleet. Makes me extra worried about the snaps too though. Some of the catches on the snaps will not work if the ball is wet, not to mention the potential for the snaps to be worse.

1 minute ago, Husker in WI said:

Hadn't looked at the forecast, I think that actually helps us. They're a good running team, but not a great one - I think their best chance would be their receivers going off on us, and that's less likely in the sleet. Makes me extra worried about the snaps too though. Some of the catches on the snaps will not work if the ball is wet, not to mention the potential for the snaps to be worse.

And the fumbles

After watching this team play and examining all the facts, I can state somewhat reliably that our final regular season record will be somewhere between 4-8 (worst case) and 10-2 (best case). I believe any predictions outside of that range are either overly critical or Kool-Aid induced. Additionally, I believe it is substantially correct that we are 8-4 in our last 12 games played.

• Plus1 4
37 minutes ago, JJ Husker said:

After watching this team play and examining all the facts, I can state somewhat reliably that our final regular season record will be somewhere between 4-8 (worst case) and 10-2 (best case). I believe any predictions outside of that range are either overly critical or Kool-Aid induced. Additionally, I believe it is substantially correct that we are 8-4 in our last 12 games played.

This is the type of hard hitting analysis I joined this board for. Thanks!

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 2
20 hours ago, Thurston from Pender said:
   26 minutes ago,  Thurston from Pender said: 

6-6 tops.

:facepalm: CAN YOU PEOPLE READ!?

I’m a UNL grad.

LOL..that made me truly laugh out loud.  So am I by the way.  Back in the day, UN-L was referred to as University of No Learning, UN-O was University of No Opportunity and UN-K was University of NO Knowledge!  Thanks for the laugh.

10 hours ago, Herbie87 said:

Hard to be overly optimistic at this point as Nebraska has beat 4 teams with a combined win total of 5 wins. 

You there.  Go sit in the corner!

12 hours ago, NUance said:

Okay, anyone who can read knows the OP was talking about our last 12 games.  8-4.  Got it.  But there's not much conversation about that topic.  So rather than starting a new thread entitled "8-4 This Year" let's discuss it here.  

--------------------------------------  

After narrow wins over Illinois and NW, and the tOSU blowout, these next two games don't look like the automatic wins they seemed to be two months ago.  At this point I'd say we could beat any team remaining on our schedule.  Or we could lose to any of those teams.  I'd rank the difficulty of our remaining games like this:  

Wisconsin (H)

Iowa (H)

Indiana (H)

Minnesota (A)

Maryland (A)

Purdue (A)

Will we win all six?  Probably not.  But it bodes well that our three toughest games are in Lincoln.  If we could win four I'd be pleased as punch.  I'd also be surprised.  We have issues.  Injuries, special teams, kicking game, centering the ball, penalties, turnovers (except NW!).  I think it's more likely that we go .500 on the remaining six.  That'd put us at 7-5 on the season, with 8-4 being a real possibility.  

Where is that Air Marshall when you need him.  This thread is being hijacked!!!!!  Helllllppppp!!!!!

10 hours ago, Redux said:

When a team is coming off the heels of a 4-8 year and sitting at 4-2 on the next year with a blowout loss, the last thing I worry about or care about is an arbitrary record over a specific window ranging over multiple seasons.

I was going to make a snarky comeback, but then I saw it was you, and I generally respect your comments.  So I'll just pout quietly.  Happy!?  Heh heh.  To my credit, even the vaunted, hallowed Steve Sipple made the same 8-4 point today on the radio.  So I'm pretty much at the top of the commentary world I guess.  Now...off to my corner.

• Haha 1
15 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

I was going to make a snarky comeback, but then I saw it was you, and I generally respect your comments.  So I'll just pout quietly.  Happy!?  Heh heh.  To my credit, even the vaunted, hallowed Steve Sipple made the same 8-4 point today on the radio.  So I'm pretty much at the top of the commentary world I guess.  Now...off to my corner.

Sipple saying it proves something differently than what you think it proves 

16 minutes ago, grandpasknee said:

No need to put, I'm looking for moral victories too.  But I know who our level of competition was during this stretch.  Makes me think we shoul be better than 8-4.