Slo-Mo version of the game-winning kick

knapplc

Or maybe just teach the kicker on anything less than 40 yards to hit the very bottom of the football so the damn thing goes up.Can't remember if it was Ohio St or a different game but their kicker was getting to the top of the post on extra points and we are lucky to hit the midpoint.

• Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, GBRFAN said:

Or maybe just teach the kicker on anything less than 40 yards to hit the very bottom of the football so the damn thing goes up.Can't remember if it was Ohio St or a different game but their kicker was getting to the top of the post on extra points and we are lucky to hit the midpoint.

Funny you brought up OSU kicker...after Dobbins long run vs MSU, the dude kicked the PAT and it was UP...made me reminisce on our duffing 

1 hour ago, Moiraine said:

If I was a college coach I'd do what the NFL does for kicks, because they have the $ to pay people to figure this out.

And if you were a college AD, you'd hire an NFL coach for the same reason? :dumdum

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, STL Husker said:

Why did we try out guys from the men's soccer team, but not anyone from the women's team?  There has to be someone on campus who can kick it over the lineman.

Our women's soccer team:

image.png.f13281f6c8e71d076054b0ad51eb2d64.png

I don't know how to find club soccer stats/results, but I don't think we have a ton of talent on the women's team right now.

• Plus1 1

18 hours ago, Swiv3D said:

Need to go ahead and eliminate contact with the long snapper all together during field goals. Extremely dangerous for the neck

I long snapped in high school and it was the worst. On both punts and kicks you used to either get blasted while bent in half or hit right in the face before you could even get your hands up. I think the rule should be no contact with the long snapper because it's freaking brutal. Hard to officiate, but from first hand experience it's even harder to protect yourself.

• Plus1 2
27 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

I long snapped in high school and it was the worst. On both punts and kicks you used to either get blasted while bent in half or hit right in the face before you could even get your hands up. I think the rule should be no contact with the long snapper because it's freaking brutal. Hard to officiate, but from first hand experience it's even harder to protect yourself.

When I played in high school on punt returns I'd line up near the center and every time the ref would call out and reiterate not to touch the longsnapper

• Plus1 1
6 minutes ago, Swiv3D said:

When I played in high school on punt returns I'd line up near the center and every time the ref would call out and reiterate not to touch the longsnapper

Ya the rule was you had to let them get their head up when I played I think. Teams would just have a guy there ready to cream you as soon as you looked up though and teams always tried to shoot between you and the guard and it'd knock you over. I hated it.

10 minutes ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Ya the rule was you had to let them get their head up when I played I think. Teams would just have a guy there ready to cream you as soon as you looked up though and teams always tried to shoot between you and the guard and it'd knock you over. I hated it.

Yeah sorry, I was that guy :D

• Plus1 1

1 hour ago, WyoHusker56 said:

Seems like it would be pretty simple:

FG: Contact must be initiated by the center not the defender

Punts: contact can not be made until outside 5 yards of LOS

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

Well...all this said, it will be interesting to see if anything comes from Frost's inquiry.  If so, we will see it in the form of a penalty at some point....or, we will notice teams have been warned and they stop doing this.

At best it's that. I believe they do meet with the coaches ahead of time and go over any points of emphasis, whether that's the NCAA pushing it (like targeting calls) or just something they've been told to watch from previous games.