Huskers in the 2020 NFL Draft

Mavric

I am not a big fan of L Jackson to begin with but maybe he'll surprise.  I'd guess somewhere in the third round.  Hope the Davis twins get a shot somewhere as well.  Testing at the combine is where the Husker guys will either make or break their chances as none seem like 'lock' draft picks to me.   But I don't get to watch enough games around the country to really be a good judge on that.

43 minutes ago, FearAmeer said:

Lamar Jackson is 100% a lock to be drafted this year at some point somewhere. Anyone else being picked up will be a surprise. Khalil Davis, Darrion Daniels, and Mo Barry will all get looks and might get lucky going in round 6 or 7

I wouldn't underestimate Khalil's value. He had a hell of a year for a guy that is a much better fit playing DT in a 4-3 and he turned a lot of heads at the Shrine Bowl.

• Plus1 1

13 hours ago, Danimal said:

I wouldn't underestimate Khalil's value. He had a hell of a year for a guy that is a much better fit playing DT in a 4-3 and he turned a lot of heads at the Shrine Bowl.

Agreed, and I expect Darrion to get picked at some point. But Lamar is probably the only one with a chance to be picked relatively high.

14 hours ago, FearAmeer said:

Lamar Jackson is 100% a lock to be drafted this year at some point somewhere. Anyone else being picked up will be a surprise. Khalil Davis, Darrion Daniels, and Mo Barry will all get looks and might get lucky going in round 6 or 7

Way too slow. Love the guy, but not nearly athletic enough to be drafted.

• Fire 1

On 1/20/2020 at 11:43 PM, FearAmeer said:

Just read the thread from page 1 and realized that in early October people thought that Lamar Jackson would be a first rounder. What happened on mid October to make his stock plummet? 

Just now, krc1995 said:

Just read the thread from page 1 and realized that in early October people thought that Lamar Jackson would be a first rounder. What happened on mid October to make his stock plummet? 

Well mid-October mock drafts are just to generate clicks, they throw names out there and see what sticks. I don't think his actual stock was ever that high, which is why he's not still going in the first round in the more recent ones. Still think he's a day 2 pick though - he has a chance to bump that up at the senior bowl, but the early comments from practices are neutral to poor. Sounds like all (or almost all) of the North DBs are getting toasted though.

24 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

Well mid-October mock drafts are just to generate clicks, they throw names out there and see what sticks. I don't think his actual stock was ever that high, which is why he's not still going in the first round in the more recent ones. Still think he's a day 2 pick though - he has a chance to bump that up at the senior bowl, but the early comments from practices are neutral to poor. Sounds like all (or almost all) of the North DBs are getting toasted though.

Thanks. Wish him well. He stuck it out during a very tumultuous time in Husker history. 

• Plus1 1
16 hours ago, krc1995 said:

Not sure plummeting is accurate.  Especially since that was just one opinion.

• Plus1 3