Huskers in the 2020 NFL Draft

Mavric

25 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:

Fisher turned around Lamar, not Chin. Darrion was just brought in. Khalil was improved and I always felt he was a very good player if he was in the right mindset. I hope the staff is smart enough to get the young kids PT to allow them to overtake Dismuke and Bootle...

Dismuke is not a good player. Liability in coverage and too many arm tackles. If bootle would look for the ball he’d be a better player (he’s solid but not great). I think he was actually better at safety. Cam is 100% not a safety. He played much better at CB. 

CB: Taylor-Britt & Clark. 
S: Bootle & Williams

12 minutes ago, Decked said:

Dismuke is not a good player. Liability in coverage and too many arm tackles. If bootle would look for the ball he’d be a better player (he’s solid but not great). I think he was actually better at safety. Cam is 100% not a safety. He played much better at CB. 

CB: Taylor-Britt & Clark. 
S: Bootle & Williams

I like it. 

I was thinking about this a day or so ago. I absolutely do not want Bootle at corner. Since he lacks ball skills to play corner in Chins' scheme, his lack of size really works against him imo. At times Lamar didn't but his length prevented some big plays.

I do wonder who will play Nickle.

23 minutes ago, Treand3 said:

I like it. 

I was thinking about this a day or so ago. I absolutely do not want Bootle at corner. Since he lacks ball skills to play corner in Chins' scheme, his lack of size really works against him imo. At times Lamar didn't but his length prevented some big plays.

Deontei Williams will factor in the secondary somewhere, either at nickel or safety. His injury last year threw a lot of plans out of whack last year.

45 minutes ago, Mavric said:

I'm not sure 311 is a good weight for Darrion - he's already a a 2-down guy in the NFL, and a 2-down 3-4 NT has a lot more value than a 2-down 4-3 tackle - I don't think he's an NFL 3-4 nose at 311 lbs. Must be trying to run well, he was 322 at the senior bowl and maybe a little bigger during the season.

21 minutes ago, Husker in WI said:

I'm not sure 311 is a good weight for Darrion - he's already a a 2-down guy in the NFL, and a 2-down 3-4 NT has a lot more value than a 2-down 4-3 tackle - I don't think he's an NFL 3-4 nose at 311 lbs. Must be trying to run well, he was 322 at the senior bowl and maybe a little bigger during the season.

Yeah, I am really surprised to see him come in that low.

23 hours ago, Treand3 said:

I like it. 

I like Bootle. I hope he can make a few more plays on the ball and turn some of those PBUs into interceptions this year. I liked him at safety too but Frost said he’s a little undersized for a safety and corner is his natural position so I don’t think they will do that this year unless there are injuries to other players. Domann will play Nickel, I assume?

3 minutes ago, HuskerPwr said:

I like Bootle. I hope he can make a few more plays on the ball and turn some of those PBUs into interceptions this year. I liked him at safety too but Frost said he’s a little undersized for a safety and corner is his natural position so I don’t think they will do that this year unless there are injuries to other players. Domann will play Nickel, I assume?

I assume Domann will be nickel as in the guy who splits out a little wider to cover the slot in our base D, but against teams like Purdue it'll probably be a true DB. Ideally Taylor-Britt IMO.

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1