Huskers in the 2020 NFL Draft

Mavric

Missed amongst our dissapoinments, including defensively giving up big plays, was the fact noone ran up the middle on us.  We took it for granted.  The big runs we saw against Minnesota etc. were by running around our DL, or the few times the RB would get through the DL, our LBs missed them in space.  But most of the big plays we gave up were passes targeting our slow LBs or safeties.  Almost every game we stuffed teams trying to run up the middle as good as anyone in the country.  Yet noone on here realized that, at least to the extent it was.  There was reason to complain about our defense, but our DL was stout.  At the end of the day, despite our holes at LB and in pass coverage, our offense is what let us down.  The fact the loudest people on this board defend the offense is laughable. Our offense sucked. Period.  You can search for 100 excuses but thats the truth. 

Warning: Coming soon- the Offensive and Martinez apologists.

On 3/1/2020 at 9:41 PM, Pedro said:

Missed amongst our dissapoinments, including defensively giving up big plays, was the fact noone ran up the middle on us.  We took it for granted.  The big runs we saw against Minnesota etc. were by running around our DL, or the few times the RB would get through the DL, our LBs missed them in space.  But most of the big plays we gave up were passes targeting our slow LBs or safeties.  Almost every game we stuffed teams trying to run up the middle as good as anyone in the country.  Yet noone on here realized that, at least to the extent it was.  There was reason to complain about our defense, but our DL was stout.  At the end of the day, despite our holes at LB and in pass coverage, our offense is what let us down.  The fact the loudest people on this board defend the offense is laughable. Our offense sucked. Period.  You can search for 100 excuses but thats the truth. 

Warning: Coming soon- the Offensive and Martinez apologists.

We had enough problems on both sides of the ball that attempting to say one thing was the biggest problem is laughable, IMO.

Khalil definitely boosted his stock with the shrine game and the combine - saw one mock with him in the 3rd round. I don't buy that necessarily, media guys always overreact to combine performances. Still, definitely think he gets drafted at this point and that was no guarantee at the end of the season. I dunno about Carlos, good 10/40 time but didn't have Khalil's production or the shrine game.

Lamar hasn't helped himself much, seems like he's been pretty inconsistent. I definitely thought he was faster than 4.58, but that's not a death knell for for a 6'2+, 210 lb corner. He'll still get picked, just much later than if he showed up better at the senior bowl and ran a 4.5 flat.

I don't really know what to think about Darrion - I was really impressed with him this year, but he slimmed down for the combine and it didn't seem to help him in the drills. I thought he could be a solid #2 nose, but at ~310 he's not doing that and he didn't show the athleticism to play 3-4 end. Still pulling for the guy because I think he can outperform his measurables, but I don't see where he fits in the NFL right now. These are not great numbers.

• 2 weeks later...