Huskers in the 2020 NFL Draft

Mavric

14 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Just goes to show that the level of recruits we are getting just aren't good enough, and development of our players isn't up to par. LSU had 10 guys selected in the first 3 rounds; Bama and Ohio State had nearly as many. Can't compete with the big boys until we can somehow land that level of talent. Finishing #20-25 each year in recruiting will equate to a #20-25 finish in the polls.

If Jackson doesn't get drafted, that'll be two straight years without a Riley recruit getting drafted. 

Might get a couple next year but that's pretty poor.

We follow this team and these players so closely we get biased and think we’re better than we are. The proof is right here in front of us now. We have failed miserably at recruiting and developing talent and it is very clear right now via the last two drafts and likely next year as well.

• Plus1 4

I'm just tried of the fans saying that stars don't matter and how we can get guys and coach them up. Of the 64 1st/2nd round picks, 52 were either 4* or 5* coming out of HS. 

Funny you mentioned Riley - when he was coach I criticized his recruiting, but of course our fan base called me a "Negative Nancy" and gave me the ol' "maybe you should find another team to cheer" spiel.

The media (247 etc.) tricks the fan base into thinking our recruits are so great, but what our fans don't realize is that they do the same thing for every other team, too. Getting clicks is how they make $. What fans need to look at is our how recruits compare to other teams in our conference, and across the country. 

• Plus1 2
  • Haha 1

It seems like every FBS college has had a player drafted except us. Whether it’s Purdue, Illinois, East Carolina, Florida International, Idaho, etc.

I would not be shocked if every single FBS school has had a player drafted since Tanner Lee was drafted.

With the DT taken from Texas Tech, both Darrion Daniels and Carlos Davis move into the top 5 DTs available. 

Darrion commited to Frost. Davis brothers were Bo recruits, weren't they? 

Edit: Yes, the Davis brothers were committed for 9 months before Riley got here. lololol thanks Mike

• Plus1 1
12 minutes ago, C-4 said:

It seems like every FBS college has had a player drafted except us. Whether it’s Purdue, Illinois, East Carolina, Florida International, Idaho, etc.

I would not be shocked if every single FBS school has had a player drafted since Tanner Lee was drafted.

And no, if you look 5 posts up, you can see there are still 3 other B1G teams, much less FBS, with players who haven't had a player drafted this year. Chilllllllll

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, Farms said:

We follow this team and these players so closely we get biased and think we’re better than we are. The proof is right here in front of us now. We have failed miserably at recruiting and developing talent and it is very clear right now via the last two drafts and likely next year as well.

We?  I have said for years that we lacked talent.  But you do have a great point as I was once told that lacking talent and lacking NFL picks wasn't the same thing.  

3 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Khalil landed in the best possible spot. He'll have two seasoned vets who will get him on the right track.

As for LJ, I do remember last season when some mock drafts had him going in Round 1. Amazing how far his stock has fallen.

Lamar has great size for a CB, but he doesn't play physically and he isn't very fast.  If he showed he could be more of a physical player, he might have been able to transition to safety in the NFL.  I feel bad for the guy, and he could still get picked late.