Huskers in the 2020 NFL Draft

Mavric

7 minutes ago, Decked said:

Think how much better their careers and frankly the defense would have been with those two + Darrion/Damion/Thomas at DT in a 4-3 and Stille/Davis at DE. Having more linebackers was honestly a liability rather than a strength this year. I believe Barry would probably be better suited as a 4-3 MLB as well. 

(Crazy how these guys recruited for a 4-3 would have been better I know :lol:

Possibly.  The DL still did pretty well.  Maybe having one more of them on the field and one less LB would have made a difference but I'm not really sure it would have been that much.  None of that helps us get any better pass rush.

Might have been a little better against Wisconsin and Iowa.  Not sure other than that.

3 minutes ago, Mavric said:

Possibly.  The DL still did pretty well.  Maybe having one more of them on the field and one less LB would have made a difference but I'm not really sure it would have been that much.  None of that helps us get any better pass rush.

Might have been a little better against Wisconsin and Iowa.  Not sure other than that.

Add Minnesota to that list as well. 

Just now, Decked said:

Thoughts on who has a good chance to be drafted next year?

Spielman (if he returns)

Jaimes

Domann

Mills 

Stille 

Stoll 

Not sure on Spielman.  It will depend on how he runs.

I would think Jaimes would be pretty likely.

Domann is athletic enough if he can put together a good year.

I'm not holding my breath on Mills.

Possibly Stille but he'll be on the fringe.

Not really thinking Stoll

I think Denotai Williams might turn in a good year.

Bootle has a chance as he should be able to put up a good 40 time.

Adrian Martinez, right  :B)

Just now, Decked said:

Add Minnesota to that list as well. 

Eh, maybe.  They run a lot of spread sets so that's a little different ballgame.  We still would have had LBs have to make plays so that wouldn't change.  And if we were a little better against the run they would have thrown more and we still wouldn't have a pass rush.

1 minute ago, Mavric said:

Not sure on Spielman.  It will depend on how he runs.

I would think Jaimes would be pretty likely.

Domann is athletic enough if he can put together a good year.

I'm not holding my breath on Mills.

Possibly Stille but he'll be on the fringe.

Not really thinking Stoll

I think Denotai Williams might turn in a good year.

Bootle has a chance as he should be able to put up a good 40 time.

Adrian Martinez, right  :B)

Forgot to add Bootle. D-Will seems awfully likely to return considering he’ll probably get that redshirt year. I hope Martinez plays good enough to consider leaving otherwise we’re gonna win 5 games. 

14 minutes ago, Decked said:

Think how much better their careers and frankly the defense would have been with those two + Darrion/Damion/Thomas at DT in a 4-3 and Stille/Davis at DE. Having more linebackers was honestly a liability rather than a strength this year. I believe Barry would probably be better suited as a 4-3 MLB as well. 

(Crazy how these guys recruited for a 4-3 would have been better I know :lol:

I can't find it, but remember that was the brother's concern when Bo got fired that Riley would run the 3-4.

18 minutes ago, Mavric said:

17 picks left

Darrion the #2 DT available per ESPN.  Decent chance to go yet.

Jackson the #5 CB left.  Not looking good for him.

I guess the combine and film didn't do LJax any favors.  Tried to find 2019 stats, but couldn't.  Was wondering if our passing D looked better becames teams were getting almost 5yrs a clip running...

Wasn't he originally recruited as a safety?

3 minutes ago, lo country said:

I guess the combine and film didn't do LJax any favors.  Tried to find 2019 stats, but couldn't.  Was wondering if our passing D looked better becames teams were getting almost 5yrs a clip running...

Wasn't he originally recruited as a safety?

He played Safety in high school.  Had basically never played corner.  But Riley basically promised him a starting corner spot if he came.

He had pretty good stats last year.  Good number of pass breakups.  Biggest question was tackling and then when he ran slow that probably scared a lot of people off.